Pumpkin-Coconut Squares

Procedure:
Pre-heat oven at 350 degree F.

Mix the coconut flour with baking powder. Set  aside. Blend all the rest of the ingredients and then mix with the coconut flour and baking powder mixture. Mix well. Grease an 8 x12 rectangular pan with coconut oil. Pour the mixture on the pan.
Bake at 350 degree F for 45 minutes.
Test to see if it is already done by inserting a clean toothpick in the middle. When the toothpick comes out clean or with no residue, the mixture is done.

Cool down. Cut into squares.

Submit your own recipe here.

When making these bars, make sure the butter is soft, or else it won't blend in easily. I've made these bars many times now (helped develop the recipe). Also, make sure the coconut flour isn't lumpy or else your batter will be lumpy. If you want a creamier, richer version of this recipe, just add in an 8 oz box of softened cream cheese and whip it with the butter before adding the rest of the ingredients. Even though 3 eggs may sound like a lot, don't try making the recipe without the amount required. If you do, the bars will turn out dry and nasty. If you love pumpkin, and follow the directions, you will not be disappointed with these bars!
# Posted By Sarah | 11/22/07 9:30 PM
This is great! I am looking at the pumpkins bars there is no sweetner or
spices is this a savory dish? may try with those added.
# Posted By Evie | 11/30/07 1:44 PM
The pumpkin pie mix already has evaporated cane juice as its second ingredient, and the coconut cream concentrate also has its own sugar. But if you prefer it a little bit sweeter, you can add 1/4 cup of organic whole sugar.
# Posted By Marianita | 11/30/07 2:09 PM
Great recipe! Thank you for creating these yummy little pumpkin cheesecake-like-bites of healthy sweets. Creamy, nourishing, light, and very digestible - totally nutritious, I cut them in small squares and ate them one after they other! Normally I don't use canned pie mixes because of the sugar but the organic brand is worthy of an exception.
# Posted By sandeefree | 4/2/08 11:25 AM
Can I just use the can pumpkin versus the pie mix one then add the spices? Do I need to add some type of sugar and if so, can I use agave? Thanks
# Posted By CHRISTIE | 11/20/09 4:49 PM
Yes, you can. Just use pumpkin pie spice or the usual spices and amounts used in pumpkin pie. You will need to add a sweetener. I recommend sugar, but you could probably use honey as well.
# Posted By Sarah | 11/20/09 6:15 PM
I would love to try this. Can I use an egg substitute with this recipee? I have an egg allergy.
# Posted By Colleen | 2/1/10 8:39 AM
1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk will substitute for one egg as will 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed soaked in 3 tablespoons of water for 2-3 minutes. You can try either one of those two in the recipe.
# Posted By Sarah | 2/1/10 2:47 PM
Do you add the coconut oil to the mix or just use it to grease th pan?
# Posted By jennifer | 5/11/10 1:13 PM
The 2 tablespoons of oil gets added to the batter, you use extra to grease the pan.
# Posted By Sarah | 5/11/10 1:51 PM
Yummy! I just made these pumpkin bars and they are fabulous! I don't eat sugar (in any form - no rice syrup, honey, agave, etc) so I used canned organic pumpkin rather than the pie mix. I then added 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 cup xylitol granuals, and several drops of stevia (equivalent to 1/4 cup sweetness of sugar.) I better put the pan in the fridge before I go hog wild.
# Posted By Amber | 8/5/10 2:37 AM
Amber: Do you think I could use 1/2 c of erythritol instead of xylitol? Drops of stevia, like 1/2 tsp? (erythritol and stevia glycerite= truvia) Thanks for the spices measurements too!!
# Posted By Sara | 11/8/10 9:55 AM