Yield: 12 muffins
- 4 eggs 1 cup coconut oil - warmed to liquid
- 1-15 oz. can pumpkin (puree)
- 1 tablespoon molasses - optional
- 1 cup rapadura or sucanat
- 1 cup sweet brown rice or brown rice flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup chopped nuts - optional
In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. Add coconut oil, pumpkin, and (optional) molasses and beat until creamy.
In a separate bowl combine the rest of the dry ingredients. Add mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in nuts, if using.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow muffins to sit for a few minutes while the oven is pre-heating to help with rising. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and centers are firm to the touch.
Delicious spread with grass-fed butter!
Recipe submitted by Jenny, Vancouver WA
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|