Yield: 12 muffins

Wet Ingredients:

Dry Ingredients:

Place muffin papers into a 12-muffin baking pan or generously grease muffin tins with butter.

In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes with an electric mixer on medium-high speed. Add coconut oil, pumpkin, and (optional) molasses and beat until creamy.

In a separate bowl combine the rest of the dry ingredients. Add mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in nuts, if using.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow muffins to sit for a few minutes while the oven is pre-heating to help with rising. Bake for 40 - 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and centers are firm to the touch.

Delicious spread with grass-fed butter!

Recipe submitted by Jenny, Vancouver WA

This is a WONDERFUL recipe! I made these exactly as written and they turned out perfect. I am new to a gluten free diet and have been pretty discouraged by the taste and texture of gluten free food. THESE pumpkin muffins are AWESOME and give me hope that this GF way of life will work!
Thank you so much for a super recipe!
# Posted By AZ Mom | 10/21/09 1:39 PM
I made these muffins exactly like as the recipe said. They turned out great! so soft and fluffy! my picky 4 year old son like them. The cooking time was very short for me. I baked them at 350 but they were done after 15-20 minutes not 40-50 minutes. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I will definitely will make these again!!!
# Posted By Mahnaz | 10/5/10 11:50 AM
The recipe says sweet brown rice or brown rice flour... does that mean cooked rice? You who made it "exactly" which did you use?
# Posted By Dawn | 11/21/10 10:41 AM
Dawn: Rice flour is rice ground finely into a powder. Click on the ingredient to read more about it and order some.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 11/21/10 12:26 PM
I was kind of shocked, never having used coconut or brown rice flour, to see how the batter looked when all assembled. It was sort of like "play dough". I filled 12 cupcake cups and had at least the same amount left after having done that, so I just went back and pressed the filled ones down and added additional batter till all was used up. Not really liking the combination of pumpkin with the taste of coconut, so I doubt I will make these again...Also, the texture seemed somewhat strange. Didn't meet my expectations.....
# Posted By Betty | 12/4/10 3:07 PM
Can you substitute almond flour for the brown rice flour?
# Posted By Kim | 12/6/10 6:21 AM
Not sure if I made a mistake when baking or not but they taste like there is too much baking soda in them and the pumpkin taste is overpowered
# Posted By Anna | 3/5/12 1:01 AM
I made my muffins with the optional molasses and nuts. My changes were using home-ground white rice flour and home-baked pumpkin rather than canned pumpkin.

I am quite happy with how these muffins tasted, although I probably would add more spices the next time to help cover up the coconut flour taste. These muffins satisfy my cravings for a decent gluten-free baked good. My dog is quite keen on them too.

You can build up the amount of batter in each muffin tin above the level of the tin, because this batter does not rise up. It looks like there's a lot more batter than would make 12 muffins, but heap it on there and use all the batter to make just 12 muffins.
# Posted By Lynn_M | 11/8/12 10:38 PM
I made the according to the recipe but used my own pumpkin puree. Turned out great. I did use expeller pressed coconut oil and I thought the spices were just right. The person that said they came out doughy, I found out that coconut flour is very absorbent and a little too much might have done it. Also, pumpkin purees come in different consistencies and might affect the batter. Even the size of the eggs would do it. My batter made 22 small muffins but I didn't pile it in like the last comment. Also, baking 40 minutes was all I needed.
# Posted By Lisa | 2/25/14 10:43 AM

Benefect Hand Sanitizer
Benefect Botanical
Hand Sanitizer
until Sunday August 3rd
Chicken Steaks for Dogs
Raw Chicken Steaks for Dogs
18 pounds total (3 packages)
Raw Chicken Steaks
for Dogs
until Sunday August 3rd
Chicken Steaks for Cats
Raw Chicken Steaks for Cats
3.6 pounds total (3 packages)
Raw Chicken Steaks