No eggs, dairy or gluten. I made this recipe for my grandson who is allergic to eggs, dairy and gluten, but not nuts. Go figure.

Preheat oven to 375F. Toast almonds if desired on a cookie sheet for about 6-8 minutes.

Mix ground flax seed, (preferably fresh ground), with water and let stand for 4-5 minutes to thicken.

Mix coconut oil, sugar, salt, flax seed mixture and almond extract. Stir in coconut flour, coconut flakes and almonds, let batter rest for 4-5 minutes to allow it to thicken slightly.

Place spoon sized batter mounds about 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Place cookies on cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Make about 2 dozen cookies.

Recipe submitted by Jerry, Holly Lake Ranch, TX

Coconut A.mond Flax Cookie recipe sounds worthy of trying.
# Posted By Viola | 10/30/08 4:00 PM
This recipe sounds great. I'm going to try it. Thanks
# Posted By Judy | 11/4/09 11:27 AM
I tried this recipe - the cookies would not flaten out or brown on top.I baked 15 min. in 375 degree oven, they are just wet and doughy. What did I do Wrong. My oven is always accurate for other recipes. Thanks
# Posted By Judy | 11/4/09 12:56 PM
I am going to leave out the sugar. I will add maybe a half cup of honey, but I don't see anything in the recipe that will make it bitter or in need of too much sweetness. Almond carries itself. I'll get back to you and let you know how it works.
# Posted By Jane | 6/28/10 10:43 AM
I cannot have sugar or honey (glycemic index too high). Can there be a way to replace with stevia, xylitol, or erythritol? I know they don't always work well in baking. Any ideas?
# Posted By Cammy | 8/21/10 7:33 PM
I would definitely give the Stevia a try. Just use a little. As I said before, I don't think it needs much sweetener.
# Posted By Jane | 8/22/10 7:32 AM
These cookies are yummy:) @Judy - put the flax and water in the food processor for a 30 seconds and then let it rest 5 min. They will look like egg whites when they are ready. The dough will be less watery. Also make sure to chill dough first and add more coconut if needed... I know I had to. Next time I'd leave out the almond extract.
# Posted By Amanda | 11/15/10 12:39 PM
These are really good. I used coconut sugar, whizzed the flax with water, divided dough in 4 and rolled out to 1/4 inch. After baking for 17 minutes, I used a pizza cutter to make pizza-type slices - it was fun!
# Posted By Laurie | 7/14/11 4:57 PM

Good Calories, Bad Calories
Good Calories, Bad Calories
until Sunday April 27th
Coconut Oil for Pets
Coconut Oil for Pets
Coconut Oil for Pets
while supplies nearing expiration date last