- 1 butternut squash, skinned, seeded and cubed into 2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 2 tart apples, skinned, cored and chopped
- 1 cup raw cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup currants, soaked in water until plump
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts, pecans, or dried shredded coconut
Special equipment: cast iron or ovenproof pot or pan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Sautee squash with coconut oil in cast iron or ovenproof pot/pan till slightly caramelized on outside. Add apples, cranberries and salt. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes add drained currants (save soaking water), cinnamon, cardamom and honey; mix well. Bake another 40 minutes or until the squash is very tender - add a little currant soaking water if it's too dry. Garnish with chopped nuts or dried coconut.
Recipe submitted by Ken, New York, NY
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|