- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup organic whole sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- zest of 1 orange
- 2/3 cup milk or coconut milk
- Coconut Cream Concentrate
1. Stir together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Cut the coconut oil into the flour with a pastry blender or fork. Stir in the shredded coconut.
3. In a separate bowl combine milk or coconut milk and orange zest. Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
4. Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently for about 2 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 2 equal balls and flatten into 7" circles. Cut into 8 wedges. Transfer the wedges to a baking sheet.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
Serve warm scones with coconut cream for spreading.
Recipe submitted by Kristel, Traverse, MI
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|