Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix dry ingredients together and set aside. In a separate bowl mix honey, coconut oil, chai tea, eggs, vanilla, and stevia. Blend in dry ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or greased with coconut oil.

Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to plate. I like to keep mine in the refrigerator.

Recipe submitted by Crystal, Yreka, CA

I would really like to try this recipe. I am having a difficult time finding black chai tea and would like to know what would be a good substitute.
# Posted By Tammy | 6/29/08 7:48 AM
I'm sure you could try using any type of chai tea, not just black. There's a whole verity of different flavors of boxed chai teas so I guess they would all work. Let us know how they turn out if you do decide to try it!
# Posted By Sarah | 7/7/08 11:14 AM
These are amazing. I made it the regular way once, and then I started by measuring a scoop of my protein powder into the 1cup measure and filling the rest with coconut flour. I also left out the honey, upped the stevia to a full teaspoon, and added 1/2 cup coconut milk and also 1/2 shredded coconut for an extra boost of fiber. I'm actually in the process of making these, but I had to use ginger tea this time 'cuz I was out of chai....so we'll see how that goes. :D
# Posted By Ruthy | 2/20/11 4:51 PM
I made these last weekend just as the recipe was written.Everyone loved them, however, I think I'll add an additional chi tea bag to the hot water or some Garam Masala next time. This is a keeper for me !
# Posted By Lynne | 2/23/11 4:49 PM
WOW! these cookies are great! I did some alterations as well:
I replaced 1/4 cup of the coconut flour with 1/4 cup ground chia seed, bengal spice tea in replacement for the chai tea (this tea has such beautiful spices and sweetness), 1/2 cup of coconut syrop replacing honey and ommited the stevia (for a sweeter cookies the stevia is an excellent addition =) ) Such a beautiful recipe that is very forgiving with creativity! THANK YOU! Loves!
# Posted By Heather | 4/7/11 1:38 PM
I would really like to try these, but I have 2 questions....Is the oil in the melted, but cool form, or solid? And at what stage do you measure it, melted or solid. Thanks!
# Posted By Robin | 12/23/11 12:39 PM