- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, preferably organic
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut cream concentrate
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup organic sugar or Stevia to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts, I use pecans and chopped sliced almonds - all preferably organic
- additional flaked coconut for garnish
Put cream cheese, virgin coconut oil, and coconut cream concentrate in medium mixing bowl and set in a warm place to soften.
In a separate bowl, add the tablespoon of warm water and about a quarter of the heavy cream to the coconut to moisten.
Once everything has softened, beat the cream cheese mixture and gradually mix in the sweetener, salt and vanilla extract. When well mixed gradually beat in remaining heavy cream, then the moistened coconut. Beat mixture until light and fluffy.
Crust: Sprinkle about 1 generous tablespoon of the chopped nuts over the bottom of each of three 8 oz plastic deli containers, 8x8 baking dish or other containers of your choice.
Spoon cream cheese filling into prepared containers. Sprinkle a bit of flaked coconut on top to decorate. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Each cheesecake makes about four average servings or 2 to 3 larger ones. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by Carol, Palm Bay, FL
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|