Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Add coconut oil and agave syrup and stir to combine. Mold into small balls by using a spoon, ice cream scoop, or your hands.

Freeze for minimum 30 minutes and enjoy. These are best when frozen or refrigerated.

Recipe submitted by Melissa, Vista, CA

I made a half batch of these and I really like them! I used cocoa and molded the balls with a measuring tablespoon, then froze them. I also used the "coconut flakes" instead of the macaroon cut, but I'm sure you could use any cut you want. This is a great sugar free treat, it's a nice way to get your coconut oil too!
# Posted By Sarah | 6/4/08 8:38 PM
Could you substitute honey instead of syrup?
# Posted By Tammy | 6/26/08 6:26 AM
Certainly, honey would taste great in this recipe!
# Posted By Sarah | 6/26/08 1:51 PM
Oh yeah!!! This is great made with honey. AND..... it sure reminds me of the Mounds candy bar, which was one of my favorites!!!! Now I have the very healthy version.
# Posted By Tammy | 7/10/08 6:35 AM
I just made these and they haven't hardened yet. I added slivered almonds and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Delicious! Crunchy and sweet. The best part is I don't have to feel guilty about it. Great way to get my coconut oil in for the day. Thanks.
# Posted By Derevaun | 1/23/10 6:37 PM
I am going to try making these with chocolate flavored liquid stevia because it won't invoke a glycemic response like honey or agave nectar. The chocolate flavor would definitely make these taste like a Mounds!
# Posted By Polly | 4/29/10 1:15 PM
I just made these today, using coco powder, and everything else as the recipe called for it. They were soooo good! My kids loved them as a treat, and so did my husband. Ever since we stopped eating sugar, they have not had any kind of candy or cookies, and so these were an extra special, very much appreciated treat! Thanks for the recipe.
# Posted By sarahw | 4/3/11 7:30 PM
Just wanted to point out...Agave IS sugar. Everyone keeps saying it's "sugar free". It is not. Also Agave is very unhealthy as it is higher in Fructose than HIgh Fructose Corn Syrup.

I would use cane sugar (not beet, as almost 100% of beet sugar is GMO), honey, or stevia instead. Never Agave. We were all sold a bill of goods on Agave. It is HFAS instead of HFCS.....
# Posted By cindy | 6/27/11 5:24 AM