This recipe is a light and refreshing dessert. You can decorate the top with strawberry and kiwi slices for a wonderful dessert centerpiece!

Crust Ingredients:

Filling Ingredients:

To prepare crust:
Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until everything resembles crumbs. Press into the bottom of a spring form pan with a spoon.

To prepare the filling:
Place all ingredients into a blender (not food processor). Blend until smooth and thick, adding small amounts of water if necessary.

Pour filling ingredients over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours then store uncovered in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the sides of the pan and serve. If not completely devoured, place leftover pie in the freezer.

Recipe submitted by Mary, San Antonio, TX

This is a very surprising and creative dessert. The cashews make up for the dairy and it really does taste something like a lemon cheesecake, very creamy. I wasn't too big on the crust, but that's just me. For one thing, I don't like dates. It'd probably taste better with a graham crust.

The only things I would suggest to keep in mind is to not use salted cashews, and remember to use a BLENDER (not the food possessor that you used for the crust) for the filling, and make sure that all those little bits of cashew are all ground up and smooth.

By the way, I did use vanilla extract...tastes just fine! If anyone else tried this recipe please share what you think!
# Posted By Sarah | 6/22/08 10:09 PM
I have a recipe very similar to this from a raw food recipe book and my recipe recommends soaking the cashews overnight to ensure a smooth consistency. This is a favorite of ours and eat it alone for our breakfast meal or a light dinner meal since it is nutritionally complete.
# Posted By Renee | 6/23/08 10:51 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to keep that in mind the next time I decide to use cashews in this recipe or a smoothie. :)
# Posted By Sarah | 6/23/08 12:00 PM
A much needed recipe! thank you. It is not specified to use raw cashews or roasted cashews; which one would taste best?
Marie-France, Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
# Posted By Marie-France | 6/26/08 4:56 PM
When I made it I used salted roasted cashews. I'd assume that raw cashews would blend up better, but you could just try that soaking thing. Either way, just be sure to use unsalted.
Let me know how yours turned out if you decide to try it!
# Posted By Sarah | 6/26/08 8:59 PM
I recently purchased some raw, unsalted cashews, and they have a completely different flavor from the roasted cashews. They are quite sweet and mild, which would make for a lovely dessert flavor. I recommend using the raw cashews for this recipe.
# Posted By Holly | 4/7/10 11:31 PM
Since I posted this recipe there have been some comments and questions. Yes, you would want to soak the raw nuts prior to using them. Great questions.
# Posted By Mary | 5/18/10 10:26 PM