Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa powder, coconut milk and agave nectar; mix together. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a bowl, mix together eggs, optional stevia, salt and vanilla. Stir in cocoa mixture. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk into batter until there are no lumps.

Pour batter into a greased 9x9x2 inch pan or 2 round 9 inch pans. Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cover with frosting of your choice.

Recipe submitted by Sharla, Nampa, ID

I would love to try this. I don't have that much agave. I will probably 1/2 the recipe. I would know if honey or even organic sugar could be substituted and if so, how much?
# Posted By Tammy | 8/11/08 6:13 AM
How much Stevia? I don't have "that little scoop" - but I do have both powder and liquid. thanks.
# Posted By John-Michael | 8/11/08 9:11 AM
I would use the stevia to taste. Maybe 1 to 2 teaspoons (remember, this is an optional ingredient).
About the honey or sugar, honey would work (you may want to adjust the amount though), but the sugar is questionable. Hopefully the author will let us know about that....
Anyway, if any of you try it, let me know how it turned out!
# Posted By Sarah | 8/11/08 5:37 PM
Why do we need soooo many eggs?
# Posted By lori | 10/20/09 8:57 PM
Lori: The eggs are a binder and are needed to make up for the gluten. The coconut flour is gluten free and therefore has no binder. Because of that, the eggs in 100% coconut flour recipes will rise to an alarming amount, but cutting back on them is the number one no-no. Even if you take away just 1 egg, the recipe will very likey not turn out.
# Posted By Sarah | 10/20/09 10:08 PM
what size eggs???? large, small, medium?
# Posted By Michele | 10/24/09 9:18 PM
Unless the recipe states otherwise the standard egg size to use is always large.
# Posted By Sarah | 10/26/09 4:03 PM
You don't want to use 1-2 teaspoons of stevia!!! That is way too much. Too much and it will be really bitter. The scoops that come in some stevia are tiny but I'm not sure of their exact measurement. I would start out with 1/8 or 1/4 teaspoon. I can sweeten an entire batch of GF muffins with 1/4 tsp of stevia...if that gives you any idea. Also, I don't get it with agave...it is a form of sugar...with almost as much fructose as HFCS. My blood sugar reacts to it like any other sugar. I just stick with stevia. :)
# Posted By Faith | 11/19/09 9:17 AM
can use eggbeaters??
# Posted By stan | 12/26/09 11:04 PM
Faith, you are so right. I've read that there is almost as much sugar in Agave Nectar as there is in sugar. Dr. Mercola states that the secret to its success was good advertising, not to mention that it is not raw, but processed. I think you have the right idea about Stevia. I use it a lot, and once you make the adjustment, it's very delicious. And no calories, and very healthy for you!
# Posted By LInda | 2/24/10 8:29 AM
Stan: I wouldn't use eggbeaters, not for this, not for anything. They are highly artificial and very bad for you. There is no yolks, just egg whites and a lot of chemicals to make it yellow and taste like eggs. Not only would real eggs taste a lot better and be a whole lot better for you, they will definitely boost the nutrient content rather than slash it dramatically as beaters would.
# Posted By Sara | 6/23/10 10:34 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a substitution for the agave. I'm trying to stay as low calorie/carb as possible so substituting honey or maple syrup is a no go.
# Posted By Yaz | 8/12/10 10:16 AM
Would Xylitol work instead of stevia for the sugar? If so, how much would you use? It is used cup for cup of regular sugar.
# Posted By Bernie | 9/16/10 7:52 AM
i'm a latecomer to all these "new" flours and sugars...i am wondering about how to use stevia (or erithrytol...etc) but esp. with stevia...you'd need something else to create bulk in the recipe. Sugar doesn't just sweeten things....I'm having a heck of a time trying to create baked goods that are a success. Some things....zucchini bread, etc, are easy without regular sweeteners....others...not so much. Any suggestions
# Posted By suzi | 3/7/11 9:14 PM
Am I able to substitute coconut crystals for the Stevia? If so how much would I use?
# Posted By Zara | 11/26/11 4:43 PM
Zara: We don't encourage the use of palm sugar as it is a non sustainable product. You can read more about it here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/coconut_palm_sugar.htm
# Posted By Sarah:) | 11/29/11 12:22 AM

1 gallon
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs
approx. 4.5 pounds (2 packages)
Short Ribs