|Gluten Free Flourless Coconut Pancakes
with lemon curd and berries
|Photo by Recipe Author|
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Servings: 8 medium sized pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup finely ground shredded (desiccated) coconut*
1. Combine the eggs, cream, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder and ground coconut.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix gently until completely incorporated.
4. Heat a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat and melt a bit of butter or coconut oil.
5. Spoon batter into skillet, making one or two at a time. Take care to not let pancakes run into each other. Let cook until edges start to frill and brown, then flip gently once and let cook for another minute on other side.
6. Remove to serving dish and enjoy immediately as you would traditional pancakes.
Note: Leftover pancakes will keep in the fridge if covered with plastic wrap but will lose quite a bit of their "fluffiness." Definitely better if consumed right away.
*To grind coconut simply place in a strong blender and blend until powdery and fine.
Recipe submitted by Alejandra, New York, NY
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|