Gluten Free Tandy Cake Dessert recipe photo
Gluten Free Tandy Cake Dessert
Photo by recipe author

Preheat oven at 350. Grease a 10x15x1 inch jelly roll pan generously with coconut oil.

Cream butter and cream cheese together; add sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in flours and salt. Spread in prepared pan.

Bake cake for 20 minutes. Immediately after removing from oven spoon the peanut butter/coconut peanut butter over the top. Let sit a few minutes until melted and spread evenly (if using crunchy peanut butter put back in the oven for 4 minutes till it melts enough to spread). Let set or store in the refrigerator until peanut butter/coconut peanut butter hardens.

Melt chocolate chips and spread over the peanut layer. Let sit until firm or store in the refrigerator.

Recipe submitted by Julie, Elizabethtown, PA

This cake is highly addicting! Moist cake with chocolate/peanut butter layers for topping. You can't go wrong with this combination! I did substitute carob chips for the chocolate chips. I want to try adding peanut butter morsels to the cake batter next time too! My husband suggested instead of using straight peanut butter to use a cream/frosting layer (maybe Coconut Peanut Butter? hmm)
# Posted By Karin | 12/14/09 6:21 PM
Maybe I can help with something--I don't understand the low ratings. I have had nothing but raves about this recipe in gluten free and regular flour. Please write if there is a problem and maybe I can help. Before giving a low star rating please write me--maybe I can resolve the problem!
# Posted By Julie | 1/8/10 3:22 AM
can I replace arrowroot flour for tapioca, and almond butter for peanut butter
# Posted By mo | 5/11/10 6:19 PM
Almond butter yes, arrowroot....I would think not. But you could give it a try.
# Posted By Sarah | 5/11/10 8:20 PM
This is a great recipe. It turned out quite well, and I am very pleased with the texture of the cake, as well as with the flavor. It looks just like the one made by using regular flour. I appreciate your skill in adapting this, Julie; keep up the good work.
# Posted By Kathryn | 5/26/11 7:28 AM
# Posted By Marie Yu | 6/5/12 3:47 AM
This was surprisingly good - moist, very tasty - and easy! Wonderful flavor. I made two trays and shared with family, neighbors and co-workers. Everyone loved them and couldn't believe they were gluten free.
I didn't bother to melt the peanut butter or chocolate ahead of time, either. Just dollop the PB on top of hot cake and give it a couple minutes to soften - then spread with an offset blade. Same with chocolate - I just used chocolate chips - mini chocolate chips are slightly easier. Okay to set cake back in hot oven for a few minutes to let chips melt a bit before spreading.
# Posted By Gmanini | 8/12/13 7:55 AM