Gluten Free Coconut Flour Linzer Tart recipe photo
Gluten Free Coconut Flour Linzer Tarts
Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets with coconut oil.

Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.

Cream together butter, coconut oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, add vanilla. Add almonds followed by flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time.

Roll dough out between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper and cut into circles. Cut a smaller circle in half of the cookies.

Transfer to prepared cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Move to wire racks to cool.

When completely cool, assemble. Place a small dollop of fruit spread on the cookie without the hole and cover with a cookie with the hole. Dust powder sugar over the top (optional).

Recipe submitted by Claire, Grant, FL

These look yummy.. can't wait to try these.. Thanks Sarah for posting lots of delicious recipes!
# Posted By Sree | 11/20/09 8:51 AM
You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying them. :)
# Posted By Sarah | 11/20/09 2:12 PM
These look yummy. Adding it to my list of recipes to try!
# Posted By Miss Rachel | 11/21/09 11:14 AM
What can be used instead of butter...I can have everything else in this recipe except butter....any suggestions?
# Posted By Debbie | 12/19/10 7:05 PM
I like to use palm shortening (and of course Tropical Traditions sells some good palm shortening) in place of butter. It seems to give a more similar texture than other things I've tried. I have to be honest, though, and say that I haven't actually tried this particular recipe (yet!!).
# Posted By Christie | 12/20/10 3:55 AM
These look delicious! Is it possible to substitute honey for the sugar, or would that ruin the recipe?
# Posted By Charity | 11/4/11 3:44 PM
I made these and skipped the butter (used more coconut oil instead) and they were a disaster! Falling apart when I cut out the circles, then finally I got them to stay together and when I tried to cut the smaller circle, they fell apart again! Was it because I skipped the butter?
# Posted By Robin | 7/10/12 5:22 PM
I just made these and they are delicious. They were really crumbly and very hard to cut into circles. What am I doing wrong?
# Posted By Sarah HI | 12/13/12 4:14 PM
These didn't work for me. Very crumbly not very sweet and chewy dry texture. I even added more butter and oil. The cut out information needs to be clearer as mine apparently were too close in size and broke. Made sandwich cookies and dusted with powdered sugar. Meh.
# Posted By Phyllis | 12/16/12 11:47 AM