|Feel Good Cold Weather Soup with Coconut Oil|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
The veggies in the ingredient list are only suggestions - the ingredients shown are what I had on hand at the time.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 quart organic chicken or beef broth
- 1 small red potato, diced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots, chopped
- Lemon pepper or regular black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Handful leftover herb salad mix
- 1 small and 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 knob fresh ginger (about 1" by 1 1/4"), peeled and minced
- 2 - 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Bring broth to a boil; add the veggies that need to cook longer. Example: potatoes first, boil a few minutes, celery, onion and carrot next (if you want your carrots only partly cooked and still crunchy add them in the last 10-5 minutes of cook time). Add seasoning at this point or wait until the end.
Lower heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Add remaining ingredients.
Recipe submitted by Simi, Los Angeles, CA
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|