|Coconut Lime Rice Pilaf|
|Photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 cups uncooked brown rice
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely shredded or grated lime peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Melt coconut oil in Dutch oven or regular saucepan and add in onions and garlic; cook until onions are tender. Pour in the rice, water, lime peel and spices. Cook until the rice is tender, about 45 minutes. Serve topped with grated lime peel and ground black pepper on top.
For a more coconut-y flavor, you can add some coconut cream concentrate to the rice when you add the water.
For a spicy coconut rice, add in some chili powder when adding the spices.
You can also use lemon zest instead of lime zest in this recipe.
Recipe submitted by Rachel, Fort Wayne, IN
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|