|Roast Chicken with Coconut Peanut Butter Sauce|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 whole chicken
- Salt & pepper
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 4 lemons, 2 halved, 2 quartered
- 3 heads garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (you can also use part or all coconut oil)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove packet of chicken giblets and rinse chicken inside and out. Place chicken in a roasting pan or 9x13 glass baking pan and pat all over with paper towel to dry.
Generously salt and pepper inside of chicken. Stuff with a few sprigs of the rosemary, the 2 lemon halves, and 2 garlic halves. Brush outside all over with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the lemon quarters and remaining garlic halves around the chicken.
Roast chicken for approximately 1 1/2 hours, basting with pan juices every now and then once it is halfway through cooking.
Serve chicken with the roasted garlic and coconut peanut butter sauce.
While the chicken is roasting, prepare the sauce.
Coconut Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons organic fermented soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons coconut water vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
Place coconut peanut butter and hot water in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least an hour to allow flavors to develop.
Recipe courtesy Sarah Shilhavy
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|