Combine first 4 ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.

Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. I like to store mine in the freezer, but the fridge also works if you don't want them quite so hard. Makes about 12 cookies.

*You can substitute some dried coconut for the oats, especially if you want gluten free.

Recipe submitted by Joy, Lobelville, TN

These sound good. Can you really taste the coconut from the coconut oil?
# Posted By megan | 3/15/09 9:01 AM
That'll depend on what type of coconut oil you use. If you use virgin coconut oil, definitely. If you use expeller pressed, probably not. Let me know what you think if you try this.
# Posted By Sarah | 3/15/09 11:56 AM
This looks delicious, except for the cinnamon. I have never put cinnamon in peanut butter cookies before. Does it really taste good, and is it a crucial part of the recipe?
# Posted By Charity | 4/27/10 8:19 PM
You don't have to use the cinnamon if you don't want to, it's just a flavoring. Some people like the chocolate+spices flavor, and others don't. It's always good to try something new, you just might like it. ;) But it's really personal preference; taking it out won't ruin the recipe or anything.
# Posted By Sarah | 4/28/10 12:56 PM
These are the tastiest healthy cookies I've ever had! I made these with the dark organic cocoa from this web site, all natural peanut butter, and raw cinnamon honey, so no extra cinnamon was added. Way better than regular sicky sweet no bakes! These are surprisingly filling too, so 2 was enough for me. I will make again & again. Awesome healthful cookies!
# Posted By Kelly | 4/29/10 6:05 PM
I made these today with honey. I think I cooked the part on the stove a bit too long, but it seemed to make it extra yummy- it made the final cookie taste like chocolate caramel coconut peanut butter cookies. Sooo yummy!

I doubled the recipe as I was bringing them somewhere, but I only ended up with one cookie for myself. Now I know to make extra.

Definitely a keeper!
# Posted By wv | 10/25/10 6:31 PM
I have made these twice...the first time, I followed the recipe using coconut pulp after making coconut milk (rather than oats) and substituted cashew butter for peanut butter...it was sooo yummy!! The second time, as well as the 2 changes above, I used only 1/4 cup of honey and a tsp of Stevia powder, then added a little more coconut oil. They came out great!! Perfect for us, since we are grain-free!
# Posted By Michelle | 9/5/11 3:59 PM
I'm curious why you have to boil the tarnation out of it? It seems like you would lose some of the health benefits of the raw honey and EVCO. I may try a batch at low heat and see if the flavors and ingredients blend together okay.
# Posted By melanie | 9/22/11 1:40 PM
Melanie: You need the sugar to melt down and crystallize, making a candy-like syrup that will help the cookies to firm up.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 9/23/11 12:43 AM
I just made these as the recipe states and all I can say is OMGosh! Thanks for sharing.
# Posted By Renee | 5/4/12 4:30 PM