- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 cups rolled oats - not quick cooking
- 1 cup coconut
Melt oil in crock pot then stir in other ingredients in order. Cook on low for 5 hours or until brown, stirring occasionally. Make sure you keep the cover cracked on the crock-pot. The more frequently you stir, the finer the consistency. If you prefer clumpier granola stir less.
- Add raisins
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate chips
- ...whatever you desire
Good as a hot or cold cereal, as a snack, a topping for yogurt or made into granola bars, see below.
Quick Granola Bars
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Crockpot granola (see above)
- ½ cup of optional ingredients
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients together. Place in lightly greased 8x8 pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cut into bars. Cool.
Variations to add:
Recipe submitted by: Sharla, Nampa, ID
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|