Recipe may be doubled, tripled, or more, depending on amount desired. If you love toasted coconut, make this recipe in fairly large quantities. You will be amazed at how many things you will want to stir this stuff into!
Place coconut cream concentrate in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally. After a few minutes, you will begin seeing caramel-colored swirls and streaks coming from the bottom of the pan as you stir. When this happens, lower heat to very low. Stir constantly.
When coconut cream concentrate begins to "toast," the remaining process happens quickly. Continue stirring over very low heat until coconut cream concentrate is a golden caramel color throughout, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in virgin coconut oil or palm shortening until combined. This replaces some of the moisture lost during cooking and also gives the toasted coconut cream an even smoother, creamier consistency. It also helps make it much softer-set when cooled. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature (like on kitchen counter, hehe).
Things to use this with:
- Toasted Coconut Creamy Hot Chocolate. Add 2 teaspoons TCC (or more, to taste) to 1 tablespoon Hot Fudge Sauce. Slowly add 6 to 8 oz very hot water, stirring constantly to combine. Stir in a teaspoon (or more) peanut butter or other nut butter or a few drops of pure mint extract for a delicious twist.
- Stir warm TCC into plain or vanilla yogurt and chill. Yogurt will be thicker than before, super creamy, and will taste like toasted coconut cream yogurt! Add a sprinkle of toasted shredded organic coconut and/or fresh fruit.
- Coffee and coffee drinks.
- Toasted coconut cream "milk" for chai tea (dairy-free).
- Warmed/melted and stirred into any waffle/pancake/cookie/cake batter for lovely smooth, toasted coconuttiness.
- Mixed with honey, vanilla, and a sprinkle of cinnamon; warmed to make pancake/waffle, ice cream, or other dessert syrup.
- A couple teaspoons (or more) mixed with 6 to 8 ounces water and fresh lemon (or lime) juice, to taste, for a very refreshing and light toasted coconut-citrus drink, delicious hot or iced. Organic raw honey may also be added, if desired, to taste.
Recipe submitted by Jerri, Monroe, LA
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|