- 6-8 cups rolled oats
- 2-4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 cups shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- 2 cups raw nuts or brown rice cereal (walnuts, slivered almonds, pecans, etc, or mix)
- 1 cup seeds (sunflower, pumpkin & flax or mix of)
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon black strap molasses
- 1-2 cups dried fruit
Preheat oven to 225 F.
In large bowl mix together oats, cinnamon, coconut, nuts (or brown rice cereal), and seeds.
Heat oil and honey in saucepan over medium heat until just melted, but not hot. Remove from heat and add vanilla, maple syrup and molasses; stir.
Stir honey mixture into oat mixture. Pour into large baking dish(es) or sheet pan(s). Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until oats are golden brown, stirring occasionally while cooking for even browning. Remove from oven and cool.
Place dried fruit and granola into an airtight container or zip lock bag and toss or roll to combine gently. Can store in freezer for longer keep.
You can also add dark chocolate slivers in granola and serve over ice cream for that extra special treat! Yummy!!!
Recipe submitted by Dody, Rockport, TX
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|