Vanilla Coconut Cream Candy made with Organic Coconut Cream Concentrate recipe photo. Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy, all copyrights reserved. Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy.
Vanilla Coconut Cream Candy made with Organic Coconut Cream Concentrate

Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy
Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy

Servings: 30 pieces about 1/2 inch thick

Slightly warm the coconut cream concentrate over a bowl or pan of hot water until it can be stirred.

Stir in the honey, vanilla and chopped nuts into the coconut cream concentrate until well mixed.

Before it hardens, shape mixture into rolls and wrap in waxed paper. Let harden in the refrigerator and slice into rounds to eat as candy once firm. Store in refrigerator or at room temperature if below 75 degrees.

Recipe submitted by Annette, West Monroe, LA

I made a half batch of this recipe and as you can see by the picture it turned out great! The candy is very rich and creamy so you may not be able to eat more then one or two. :)

I did a variation on these by making a chocolate glaze and dipping the half of each candy round into it. The creamy flavor of the coconut and vanilla with the chocolate is a great combination!
# Posted By Sarah | 9/28/09 2:12 PM
I prepared this candy and had wonderful results~melt in your mouth sweet coconut candy! My husband, my daughter and I loved this treat! This will be a nice addition to our Christmas candies. Thank you.
# Posted By Betsy | 10/20/09 4:03 PM
This looks amazing. I've got to try it!
# Posted By CakeSpy | 10/21/09 3:05 PM
Could you substitute pecans for the walnuts? we are not big walnut eaters but love pecans!
# Posted By Sharon | 6/8/10 7:05 PM
Delicious, but i had a little trouble with consistency. it was too runny, it wouldn't form into a roll. i was able to harden in the refrigerator. Any ideas on why so runny?
# Posted By Gail | 6/8/10 7:29 PM
What about with chopped toasted almonds and partially dipped in chocolate??? Mmmm!
# Posted By Barb | 6/8/10 8:41 PM
Sharon: You can use any nut you want, it doesn't matter.

Gail: I'd love to help, I need to know more about how you made it, it's pretty much impossible to know without any details. Was the Coconut Cream Concentrate hard when you measured it out? Was it runny? Soft like peanut butter? Did you change anything, added other ingredients? Were any of the ingredients cold or in the refrigerator? Things like that.
# Posted By Sarah | 6/10/10 12:51 PM
Can you substitute regular honey for Raw honey ?
# Posted By ANGELIQUE | 8/1/10 11:56 AM
Angelique: Yes, you can but the raw honey from Tropical Traditions is best. :)
# Posted By Sarah | 8/1/10 6:21 PM
I am unable to eat Honey.... wondering if liquid AGAVE would work instead of the honey? is the thickness of the honey important to the success of the candy?
# Posted By sky | 10/7/10 9:23 AM
Sky: I don't recommend agave syrup as it isn't a healthy sweetener. If you can't have honey try brown rice syrup. If it isn't sweet enough add a little maple syrup with the brown rice syrup (add a teaspoon of the maple at a time until sweet enough).
# Posted By Sarah | 10/7/10 11:03 AM
I just made a half batch of these a LOVED them! I also made a chocolate coating of 1tbsp coconut oil, appx 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp sugar, and 12 drops vanilla cream stevia. I spread it in a long rectangle on a sheet of wax paper, rolled the candy into a log shape, wrapped it an put it in the fridge for about an hour and a half. DELICIOUS!
# Posted By Ruthy | 11/16/10 5:14 PM
I just have to say I LOVE this recipe!!!! Now you have to understand I also do NOT normally like coconut (in the past I have gone so far as to say I HATED it lol) BUT I take all that back now that I found tropical traditions!!! and this recipe is De BOMB!!!! I altered mine in that I used raw almonds crushed up and I added some shredded coconut I had some plain candies (I call them cookies lol) and on some I drizzled some melted chocolate chips over and some got half dipped in chocolate....they looked so pretty !!! and tasted AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
# Posted By Lyn | 2/21/11 8:01 PM
Hi - Could these be made into Easter Eggs. All of the recipes I find, are too sweet.
Thanks!
# Posted By linda | 4/19/11 6:53 AM
Just read about this on a blog and it sounds amazing! Would love to try it!
# Posted By Mary | 7/25/11 11:14 AM
do you think you could use stevia instead of honey?
# Posted By heidi | 7/29/11 5:33 PM
Sent several friends into a state of bliss with the "Quick Lemon Coconut Candy."

This recipe uses twice as much cream with little other flavor. I found it pleasant, but quite bland.

I'm tempted to soften them and double the walnuts and vanilla.
# Posted By Sharon Moody | 11/6/11 3:05 PM
Has anyone tried substituting chocolate chips for the nuts? I think that would be a wonderful combination!
# Posted By Angie | 11/10/11 3:38 PM
Where can I find "Quick Lemon Coconut Candy" recipe
# Posted By Theresa | 1/9/12 10:45 AM
There's a search box at the top of the page.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 1/9/12 11:11 AM
This is so good! I was only trying it out so I just willy-nilly added the ingredients to a cup of coconut cream. It has a texture like fudge!
# Posted By Peggy | 8/1/13 6:18 PM
Can I make it without nuts.?
# Posted By poly | 8/30/13 6:15 PM
What is your recipe for the chocolate glaze? Thank you
# Posted By Debbie | 2/26/14 8:17 PM