|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
Servings: 2 large loaves
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups flour (I used 2 cups white flour and 1 1/2 cups of stone-ground whole wheat)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar Heavenly Sugar or whole sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil (measured as liquid)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups cooked (mashed) pumpkin
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bread pans with extra coconut oil and flour.
Whisk all the dry ingredients together (the first six). Add remaining ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix. Top loaves with crushed walnuts if desired.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until bread tests done.
Recipe submitted by Joleen, West Point, NE
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|