Raw Chocolate Coconut Snowball Cookies recipe photo
Raw Chocolate Coconut Snowball Cookies
Photo by recipe author

Preparation Time: about 15 minutes

Combine all ingredients (except for the shredded coconut) in a food processor and process to make a smooth paste.

Roll paste into small balls (the size of Russian Teacakes if you are familiar with those traditional cookies). Roll cookie into dried shredded coconut flakes. Chill slightly before serving.

Recipe submitted by Julie, Colorado Springs, CO

This is such a hearty and flavorful looking cookies. I definitely want to try this very soon and taste it..
# Posted By cookeaze | 2/5/10 8:58 AM
And when you do, please let us know how you like it! :)
# Posted By Sarah | 2/5/10 11:33 AM
I made this the evening I received the blog. Oh my goodness, how delicious they are! They are like a soft Larabar, but better. What a tasty treat (with no guilt attached). She should have won a case of oil for this delicious recipe.
# Posted By Joann | 3/9/10 12:07 PM
I will make these cookies because I like everything in them, especially the raw nuts. As with anything that I eat, proper portion. Thank for submitting it!
# Posted By Octavia | 4/4/10 10:52 AM
Why the protein powder? The 2 cups of nuts provide more than enough high quality plant protein. Most protein powders are soy or dairy based and toxic as well as acid forming. People need to let go of their protein brainwashing (courtesy of the meat and dairy industries).
# Posted By Jeff | 10/26/10 5:00 PM
Jeff: The protein powder is a small amount, so it can be eliminated if the user decides to. Tropical Traditions however sells 2 high quality and healthy protein powders (click on the ingredient) that is made from goat's milk and contains no harmful ingredients.
# Posted By Sarah | 10/27/10 12:03 AM
@jeff -- there are also some excellent hemp-based protein powders out there as well... and for some of us who are metabolic protein types, having that extra protein boost really is important. Carb and Mixed types don't need to be quite so aware, but the quantities of dried fruits in these would make them a real issue for someone like me, even if I only ate ONE, were it not for the extra protein boost from the protein to offset all the fructose in the dried fruit.
# Posted By Storm | 12/14/10 1:04 PM
WOW I made up something similar last night. I used dates, apricots, cardamom, coconut flour, ground macadamia nuts, coconut cream (tropical traditions) coconut oil and swerve sweetener. I rolled half of the batter into balls and froze them. I added 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder and a little more coconut oil to the dough and rolled and froze them. They are very good also. I did it all in a food processor.
# Posted By Linda Mull | 12/23/11 3:32 PM