|Toasted Coconut Ginger Blondies|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup butter, coconut oil, or palm shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan with extra fat of choice.
Sift the sifted flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together into a small bowl. Stir in the crystallized ginger.
Melt fat of choice gently over low heat in a medium sized saucepan. Whisk in brown sugar, mixing well. Let cool slightly if warm.
Whisk egg and vanilla extract into the sugar mixture. Mix in flour mixture in stages until well combined.
Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle flaked coconut on top. Bake for 15-25 minutes.
Recipe Submitted by Sarah Shilhavy
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|