I love this recipe. It's easy, just a handful of ingredients, and no cooking involved.

If you read the comments below from when the recipe was first posted you'll see my comment and the way I like to make it. But you don't have to; I can tell you right now.

I like to use the juice from 2 (usually large) lemons, and all of their zest (or almost all). Then I warm the Coconut Cream Concentrate to a smooth, stir-able, peanut butter consistency and stir all the ingredients together. Warming the CCC is important; that's what gives the balls a smooth, creamy, melt-in-you-mouth taste and texture. I usually don't use any of the optional stuff. Sometimes I even add a few tablespoons of melted coconut oil in, but that is totally optional as there is already a good amount of oil in the CCC.

After stirring everything together, I scoop the balls unto a cookie sheet (or whatever other flat baking-pan like thing my hands grabbed first) and freeze or refrigerate until firm. If the mixture is too thin for scooping just stick the bowl into the freezer for a couple minutes at a time and stir until the desired consistency is achieved.

So when life gives you lemons, make these. Watch the video for a quick walk-through and enjoy these tart and creamy little bites. The only thing you'll have to worry about is not eating the entire batch in one day.

Enjoying Lemons,

Sarah:)

Quick Lemon Coconut Candy (No Bake)

Quick Lemon Coconut Candy recipe photo
Quick Lemon Coconut Candy
Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy

Mix the first 4-5 ingredients together until well mixed and smooth. Form into balls, roll them in the coconut flakes and refrigerate or freeze. You can also put them in candy molds without the coconut flakes to get a different look. They will harden when refrigerated.

Recipe submitted by Alice, Las Crescenta, CA

How many does this make?
# Posted By christie | 5/7/09 7:35 AM
these little guys are the easiest, most delicious, addictive bites I've had in a long, long time. I use half the amount of honey for myself & they're scrumptous. thanx for sharing
# Posted By Debra | 5/7/09 11:43 AM
I cannot have honey - is it essential to hold the candy together or can another sweetener (stevia, splenda) be used in place of the honey?
# Posted By Bonnie | 5/7/09 12:16 PM
Try brown rice syrup and sweeten it up a bit with sugar or stevia since it's not as sweet as honey.
# Posted By Sarah | 5/7/09 4:36 PM
I just made a batch of these yesterday and they are sooooo good!

I did modify it a bit though. ;) First, I juiced 2 lemons, and used a generous teaspoon of zest. Since the mixture was too "batter like" I added a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil in. Then I stuck the bowl in the freezer to firm up a bit, stirring every now and then to prevent clumping. Once it reached the desired consistency, I used a cookie scoop to make balls and skipped the rolling in coconut part. And oh, just a tip: warm the ccc to peanut butter consistency before you make this.
Well, these little bites just melt. in. your. mouth. and were wonderfully tart and lemony, blending beautifully with the creamy coconut. With a scant 1/2 cupful of honey they were perfect. Even if you think you don't like coconut but love lemon, make these. They're quick and easy and make the perfect snack. Yum!
Btw, I got about 15 balls, fyi.
# Posted By Sarah | 5/12/09 1:50 PM
My daughter used this recipe as a filling for a gluten-free "cheesecake" for Mother's Day. It was absolutely delicious, I savored every last bite! Thank you for sharing, this is a new family favorite!
# Posted By Ginny | 5/14/09 9:27 PM
I made this today - I made tiny balls and even rolled some into tootsie-roll shapes.

They are incredible.

Making them tiny like that, they filled a cookie sheet.

I was worried about it not thickening up, I put the "soup" in my fridge for maybe 5-10 minutes, but in the end, the more I stirred it, the more it thickened!

Oh, and I used shredded coconut, I thought it worked a bit better than the flakes. I tried the flakes, but I was making them small, so shredded was a better match.

I'm thinking of making them with limes next!!!! :)
# Posted By Ashley | 3/3/10 5:15 PM
You are doing a great job on your videos and recipes. The quality of the photos and video is very good. Blessings!
Sandy
# Posted By Sandy | 4/14/10 8:51 AM
Thanks Sandy! :)
# Posted By Sarah | 4/14/10 2:41 PM
Will this work with just regular coconut cream?
# Posted By Rehaam | 4/15/10 8:09 AM
Like the cream of coconut (milk)? No. Coconut Cream Concentrate is totally different. Coconut Cream Concentrate's consistency is a lot like peanut butter.
# Posted By Sarah | 4/15/10 11:28 AM
I just made a batch of this and covered some fresh strawberries with the "batter", then sprinkled them with coconut and stuck them in the fridge. I think they're better than chocolate-covered strawberries! :D Thank you so much for posting all of these wonderful recipes!
# Posted By Tonda | 4/17/10 9:25 AM
Wow, that's an awesome idea with the strawberries! Thanks for sharing!
# Posted By Stacie | 4/19/10 9:37 AM
I added the zest and juice of a key lime as well: very awesome!!! The lime was about the size of a small bouncy ball.
# Posted By Sharla | 4/21/10 12:33 PM
thanks for this recipe. they were awsome! I did make them with lemon zest, and loved them.
# Posted By Michele | 4/23/10 9:53 PM
WOW! These are delicious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I can't wait to try it with limes next.
# Posted By DallasMomma | 5/17/10 10:01 AM
5 star. Love them. Lemon-coconut heaven!!!
# Posted By Sarah | 8/29/10 3:26 PM
Do these need to be served cool, straight out of the refrigerator, or will the stay set? I am thinking about giving them as a Christmas gift.
# Posted By Molly | 11/23/10 12:13 AM
Molly: The balls will stay firm for a hour or more depending on what temperature the room is but you can also freeze them so that they stay cold longer at room temp. But generally yes, they need to be served cold.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 11/23/10 12:29 AM
These are delicious. I also added lemon zest and they were nice and lemony. Took it a step further and chopped up and melted some Trader Joe's Pound Plus Bittersweet Chocolate and added a little coconut oil for stability. They taste great smothered in chocolate!
# Posted By Leah | 1/24/11 4:03 PM
Is there anything that you can use as a substitute for the coconut cream concentrate?
# Posted By Angie | 2/21/11 12:25 PM
Angie: There is no substitute for coconut cream concentrate.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 2/21/11 10:07 PM
This candy is really good. I like to add more lemon juice, as I like a stronger lemon flavor. It's rich so you don't need much of it, and it uses honey, not sugar! Thanks for sharing!
# Posted By Angie | 5/17/11 12:07 PM
These are a Home Run! They have a wonderful, delicate flavor and texture, not bland in the least. I did add some lemon extract to mine as my lemon was smaller than I liked.

Adding cream cheese to this and using as a filling for cheesecake would be divine. No cook cheesecake!

For nut lovers, I think this dough formed around a macadamia nut would be wonderful- the macadamia would match the smooth, rich flavor of the candy. I also love that this is a healthy-ish candy. All the coconut parts are great for you, lemon wakes up the liver and raw honey is chock full of enzymes and goodies. A+++
# Posted By Erin | 12/15/11 7:35 PM
well i want to make it with coconut cream not milk but i cant find any consantrated one here in Greece.can i make it with the regular coconut cream?thanks
# Posted By demi | 1/11/12 5:04 AM
u didnt use coconut flakes in video..do we use them in the batter or only if we want to roll them to them??
# Posted By pete | 1/11/12 5:13 AM
pete: You can use it any way you want.

demi: There's no substitute for Coconut Cream Concentrate; it's completely different from coconut milk or cream. It's more like peanut butter in texture. You can get it from Tropical Traditions by clicking on the hyperlink.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 1/12/12 12:54 PM
demi: perhaps in Greece it's called coconut butter? It goes by several names depending on the manufacturer. Coconut butter, cream of coconut and coconut cream concentrate are all names I've found it by. Good luck.
# Posted By Erin | 1/17/12 10:50 PM
well i read online and i didnt know that coconut cream concentrated is the same as coconut cream ,almost and that it is 100% coconut not water.my coconut milk contains 55% water....so i guess its not coconut cream exactly??it is thick though.should i use other type of coconut milk or should i dilute it with some water before use?also i have coconut oil which by cold gets solid.but i guess thats not coconut butter??i am so confused of all these!!!!!
# Posted By demi | 1/18/12 10:35 AM
Coconut Cream Concentrate (sometimes called Coconut Butter) is a ground up coconut product. It's similar to peanut butter, except it's coconut.

Coconut Milk is a water based product extracted from coconut. There's many variations, but as long as it's a liquid, it's a type of coconut milk and cannot be substituted for Coconut Cream Concentrate.

Coconut Oil is an oil/fat product. Not coconut butter.

Again, if you want to learn more about the coconut products listed in recipes, just follow the link and it'll take you to the product information and ordering page.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 1/19/12 11:46 AM
This recipe has on my "To Do" list forever. I made them today and they are truly divine! The variations that people have suggested are making me want to make another batch using the strawberries or peanut butter. YUM! I used xylitol honey to keep the blood sugar effect low and they tasted really good.
# Posted By Kim | 6/30/12 6:33 PM
O my, just made these today for a 4th of July party and they are fabulous! I only used about 1/4 c. of honey and added just about 2 T. of butter. But i must have put in over a tablespoon of lemon zest! Thanks for sharing this cool, sweet, nourishing treat!
# Posted By Taza | 7/4/12 2:21 PM
I keep some coconut cream concentrate from tropical traditions on hand for a treat when they post these fabulous recipes. I don't use it often, but it is soooo good. I just got an order in after nearing the end of my first jar. I will be making these tonight. :)
# Posted By Tina | 5/18/13 8:35 PM
Can I make my own coconut creme/butter by blending coconut flakes or chips in a food processor? Has anyone else tried this?
# Posted By Marianne | 6/20/13 10:55 AM
Marianne, I made coconut cream once in my food processor. I used 2 cups of grated coconut. It took about 20-25 minutes so you need to have a really good food processor that can stand running that long. It turned out fine but I found that it's just easier to buy a jar from Tropical Traditions.
# Posted By Francoise | 6/29/13 6:45 PM
I am trying this for the first time and I made a bad mistake. I erroneously put 1 cup honey in the mixture and mixed it up. It is really thin so I put it in the fridge and it looks like the concentrate formed on the top. I took it out and am letting it heat up at room temp for a few min and see if that works. I will put it back in the fridge and keep checking and stirring it rather than leaving it in there so long. My question is...have I ruined it by putting in a whole cup of honey. The honey is raw because nothing has been done to it other than straining it.
# Posted By Bill | 7/26/13 11:21 AM
Addendum to my earlier post today. My mixture never did get firm enough to make balls out of, even after putting it in the fridge for 15 -20 minutes at a time. I did that many times and the mixture didn't get firm. My mistake of putting in a whole cup of honey may have made the difference, I don't know. However I spooned some onto some coconut and put it in the freezer and it did taste pretty good. The local honey I used has been strained but nothing else was done to it and it is light brown in color and is not stiff like that in the video. Also my CCC was in liquid form due to being in my cabinet. Do you think the consistency of the honey and CCC would make a difference in the mixture firming up>
# Posted By Bill | 7/26/13 3:18 PM
Bill, you might try using honeycomb. I have been experimenting with that for some of the chocolate coconut recipes and it adds a nice firmness to the consistency. I use a food processor and there is no hint of waxiness at all. I am planning to make these lemon deals today and am going to use honeycomb instead of honey. Guess i'll let you know how it works!
# Posted By Taza G | 7/26/13 3:59 PM
Does it have to be coconut flakes or can it be shredded coconut.
# Posted By Marian S | 9/6/13 4:47 PM
Where is the video?
# Posted By Sheri | 2/10/14 11:13 AM
my version....I process 2 whole organic lemons (skins & all except seeds) and add to the coconut cream/honey.
Then, when ready to form into balls, I roll in unsweetened coconut that I have toasted first. LOVE at 1st bite! I am addicted and my Father, who has stage 5 renal failure, loves them as well & is Renal Diet approved!
# Posted By Ms Brown | 4/22/14 1:57 PM
wonderful-- I luv real lemons-- this takes the place of my need for lemon merigue pie, lemon cheese cake and all things lemon. I used 2 large lemons with the zest of these and maple syrup.
# Posted By Rebecca | 8/30/14 10:46 AM

1 gallon
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs
approx. 4.5 pounds (2 packages)
Short Ribs