Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies recipe photo
Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies
Photo by recipe author

Preparation Time: 10 min.

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8 X 8-inch baking pan with extra coconut oil and set aside.

2. Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, coffee (optional), baking powder, and salt and process until smooth. Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times until the chips are broken up a bit.

3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.

4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing. They taste even better after sitting in the fridge over night!

Recipe submitted by Mysti, Dallas, TX

It is not very good, sorry. The black beans in the recipe tastes nasty.
# Posted By Roxie | 5/26/10 2:43 PM
I really enjoyed them. I didn't taste the black beans at all and it had the consistency of fudge. I did add a little bit more of the cocoa.
# Posted By Mary | 5/30/10 4:02 PM
just made the brownies and thy are GREAT.
# Posted By Annie | 9/14/10 10:04 PM
These are absolutely DELISH!! Have made GF Black Bean Brownies many times, and even my gluten-tolerant friends and family LOVE these....amazing how they are ALWAYS surprised that black beans are the main ingredient! They're never detectable, but the brownies are always DELECTABLE!! They pass with flying colors my husband's Chocolate Lover's Taste Test!!
# Posted By Connie K. | 1/20/11 12:18 AM
I can't have sugar so I had to replace the sugar with Stevia (approx. 1 tsp) and the choco chips with cocoa nibs (about 1/4 cup), but they still turned out well. A little bit crumbly, but they had a really nice dark chocolate flavor to them. And it's true-they taste better after having a day to sit.
# Posted By Laurel | 7/6/11 4:50 PM
Fabulous! This GF house is now very very happy they can now have their favorite dessert. Many thanks for this great website.
# Posted By Cherylee | 11/5/11 6:40 PM
I added 1 ripe banana and substituted 1/2 cup honey for the sugar and this was an excellant recipe! I have made it several times and will probably be making these once a week. Oh, I also soaked and cooked my own black beans instead of using canned.
# Posted By Rene | 6/2/12 10:08 PM