|Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp|
|Photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb raw, deveined, and peeled shrimp
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoon green or red Thai curry paste
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, if desired
- 1/2 cup coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice (or other type of rice if preferred)
- 1 cup coconut milk*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Sauté shrimp and onion in 1 tablespoon coconut oil until shrimp are just becoming opaque. Stir in curry paste and cook for one minute.
Stir in tomatoes, lime juice, and fish sauce. Heat to boiling. Simmer for one minute.
Stir in 1/2 cup coconut milk and basil. Heat over low heat until hot. Set shrimp mixture aside and keep warm.
In a saucepan, combine all the rice ingredients. Heat to boiling, and then reduce heat to low. Simmer about 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve shrimp over coconut rice.* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)
Recipe submitted by Julie, Rogers, AZ
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|