|Coconut Crunch Muffins|
|Photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes plus 25-30 minutes baking time
- 3/4 cup half n' half or whole milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 cup organic whole sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups berry mix, frozen
- 3/4 cup toasted flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
2. MUFFINS: Combine milk and lemon juice in a large bowl; milk will thicken. Whisk in next 5 ingredients until well combined. Add next 5 ingredients. Add frozen fruit and stir lightly until just combined into the batter. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. TOPPING: Sprinkle each muffin with 1 tablespoon toasted coconut.
4. Bake in a preheated oven 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins sit for 10-15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe submitted by Agnes, Schaumburg, IL
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|