It's also known as "Iced Mochaccino". It's similar to iced coffee. What's the difference? Iced coffee is filled with chunky ice, and doesn't have chocolate (unless you want it, of course) and is simply sweetened with either a flavored syrup or sugar.

Just a note: don't buy that flavored syrup stuff. It's usually mostly corn syrup. There are lots of good, healthy recipes (usually just sugar or honey plus water plus flavor extract) that you can make yourself. And it tastes the same, if not better.

So anyway, back to the title recipe. I recommend using French roast coffee since it has a strong, dark flavor that compliments the chocolate and creamy milk. If you want the drink to be extra icy, freeze the coffee.

The homemade fudge sauce is a must. It's so unbelievably easy and drop dead amazing that you'll want to consume the entire batch all at once (example: spoon + cold fudge sauce = dangerous). But don't. Not yet. You want to make the drink below first. And oh, another thing you can do with the Hot Fudge is Hot Cocoa. Just stir in 2 tablespoons into a cup of hot milk. It's the easiest hot drink ever. Yum.

Hope you're all enjoying the summer!

Sarah:)

Iced Coconut Mocha Cappuccino

Iced Coconut Mocha Cappuccino recipe photo
Iced Coconut Mocha Cappuccino
Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy
Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy

1 serving

• 3/4 cup cold, strong coffee (partly frozen if desired)
  • 1/2 cup organic whole raw milk or coconut milk*
  • 2 tablespoons fudge sauce (see recipe below), cold
  • 2-4 ice cubes
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (optional)

Place all ingredients except coconut oil in blender and blend until well combined, pouring coconut oil into the cappuccino a steady stream. Top with freshly whipped cream and enjoy!

Hot Fudge Sauce

Combine all ingredients except vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat.

When butter is melted and well mixed in, turn heat up to high and bring fudge to a boil, whisking constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Store in the refrigerator and don't eat it all at once.

Recipes courtesy Sarah Shilhavy

* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)

I have all the Tropical Traditions coconut products and have used them in a few recipes, fruit crisp from this book I have is a big hit. But I can not understand how melted coconut oil can be added to a cold concoction----such as this very cold coffee, cold milk, cold fudge & ice cube mixture----without immediately hardening up to resemble veg. shortening! I had this same issue when I made the "Coconut Pie Crust" Recipe and asked about that. That one says to stir SOLID coconut oil in to COLD MILK. How can this BE?
# Posted By Dinah | 7/11/10 4:52 PM
Dinah: If you read some previous smoothie/cold drink recipes you'll see that this question has been asked before. This recipe says to pour the melted oil in while the blender is running, therefore giving the oil no chance to form clumps.

About the crust, try "smashing" the solid oil in with a fork while pouring the milk, or melt the oil to pour in with the milk or try cutting it in like the traditional recipes. Play around with is, see which one you like best. :)
# Posted By Sarah | 7/12/10 12:26 PM
That looks so refreshing Sarah! Enjoy!
# Posted By Pam | 7/12/10 12:49 PM
Thanks Pam!
# Posted By Sarah | 7/12/10 3:20 PM
Oy vey! Such goodness! I just made the fudge sauce....not sure any will be left to put into the coffee! :)
# Posted By Taza | 7/17/10 10:23 AM
Haha! I told you to keep the spoon wielding hand away from it. ;)
# Posted By Sarah | 7/17/10 3:01 PM
Have you tried making the fudge sauce with coconut milk made thicker with coconut cream instead of the heavy cream?
# Posted By Rindie | 7/19/10 3:31 PM
No, I haven't. It might work, with lots of tweaking but it won't be the same. If you are not dairy intolerant, I would just leave it be.
# Posted By Sarah | 7/19/10 11:29 PM
Well, I had to tweak. I'm more calorie-adverse than dairy intolerant so I played around with the sugar and the cream and came up with a rather good version. Interested?
# Posted By Rindie | 7/21/10 2:55 PM
I am interested in that version
# Posted By Kathryn | 7/27/10 11:28 AM
I'm interested in that version too.
# Posted By Melinda | 8/10/10 10:06 AM
For the reduced calorie version, I replaced the cream with lowfat half and half, and used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 xylitol. Follow the same directions and it comes out very good. As it chills it becomes very fudgelike.
# Posted By Rindie | 8/16/10 12:44 PM
I pinned this hope everyone can enjoy this as much as i do, i will be using this recipe for ever i absolutely love it chocolate and coconut doesn't get any better than that thank you for this recipe.
# Posted By tabitha | 4/26/12 10:41 PM
I just made this coffee drink, with a few modifications. I doubled it, added vanilla syrup, and used chocolate syrup instead of the fudge sauce. I just didn't have the time to make the sauce, but I'll make it later. To me, it tastes very close to Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuccino, which was what I was hoping. A big bottle is over $4 in the store! Thanks for the recipe! :)
# Posted By Dee | 11/12/12 1:16 PM
Is the foam normal on top? I'm assuming it's from the coconut oil and it doesn't taste bad but I'm wondering if I screwed it up lol. I did melt the oil before pouring it in. Even with the foam it is really really good!
# Posted By Amanda | 2/25/14 1:10 PM