Gluten Free Coconut Flour Crepes recipe photo

• 1 cup coconut milk*
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
  • dash of salt
  • coconut oil for griddle or pan

Mix all wet ingredients together then add all dry ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps.

Spoon onto greased pan or griddle to about 6" in diameter. Batter is runny, so they will be very thin. Coconut flour always takes a while to cook. Flip when the top appears dry. These are quite fragile, so flip carefully. But, they are well worth the effort.

* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)

Recipe submitted by Sharla, Nampa, ID

Well, I thought making these was going to be another gluten-free disaster, as I've been trying new recipes lately and striking out. A couple of the crepes completely fell apart. However, I added another egg and watched the heat carefully to make sure it was hot enough and that seemed to help them cook quickly and hold together better. Don't try to turn until the top is very dry looking and the edges are nicely browned.
By themselves I didn't think they tasted that great, mostly because I put a little too much salt in. But I made a nice topping and the end result was really really good.
Here's the topping:
1 package mixed frozen organic berries
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 dropper full of liquid stevia
1 teaspoon honey (or more to taste)
1/3 cup water
whipped creme

Heat the berries over low heat. Mix tapioca flour and water until dissolved. When berries are thawed add stevia, honey and water mixture. Stir while bringing to a boil, for about one minute, until mix thickens. Turn off heat.
Add a generous spoon full to top of crepe and a dollop of whipped creme.
Delicious!
# Posted By Dakotah | 1/22/11 3:51 PM
Just wondering if i could use other milk alternatives instead of normal milk for the crepes ?
# Posted By melinda b | 3/2/13 4:52 AM
You can use almond milk, coconut milk. Pretty much any milk.
# Posted By JM | 4/3/13 12:41 AM
If I don't have coconut milk I have substituted unsweetened almond milk and is really doesn't make a difference in the consistency. I prefer the coconut milk for all my recipes, for the taste is so yummy and it is very healthy. The more coconut products you get into your wonderfully made body it will greatly thank you. Coconut oil is also one of the best things for brain health, so of coconut oil is so good then all the other ways to use coconut is also good foryou.
# Posted By Terri | 5/12/14 6:10 PM
I thought these were very good. It is important to use coconut oil with each crepe and I use "Ogreenic" non-stick pan. I poured batter into pan to make about a 6" round. I had success when I made sure not to flip before edges were brown and the top was nearly dry. I made these using the recipe as stated except I used almond flour with the coconut flour and almond milk with the coconut milk. Also, I used canned coconut milk which is much thicker. Not sure if this made a difference, but I did have to open the can and stir contents (separates). I made these for breakfast, so I added stevia extract and cinnamon, but I can see using herbs for savory applications as well. Good recipe one can alter depending on purpose.
# Posted By Diane | 9/27/14 10:19 AM
I recently made up this fantastic recipe using zuchinni + butternut sq. some other ingredients as well as coconut flour to hold them all together. I put coconut oil on parchment paper and also coconut oil on top of each fritter. I made them for our Jewish new year dinner and I made 2 dz. and our friends ate them all up. I am going to make them again tomorrow I am going to use yams instead of the butternut squash. I also made a yummy topping w/sour cream, lemon juice + fresh dill....I will give anyone this recipe..very easy to make. This time I am going to double my recipe and freeze some
# Posted By Terri Kosinski | 9/30/14 12:54 PM