Coconut Treasure Cookies recipe photo
Coconut Treasure Cookies
Photo by recipe author

Servings: 2 dozen

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix dry ingredients (except coconut and chocolate) together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, blend butter and milk until smooth. Add in dry ingredients. Stir in shredded coconut and chocolate.

Drop dough unto cookie sheets and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until tops begin to become golden. Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes to cool before transferring to cooling rack.

* You can make your own sweetened condensed milk with our recipe here.

Recipe submitted by Tandy, San Tan Valley, AZ

wow those coconut treasure cookies look great..i will definitely try those
# Posted By donna | 7/5/10 9:28 AM
These cookies sound wonderful! Must try!
# Posted By Kathy | 7/5/10 11:34 AM
I want to try these, but I do not like using sweetened condensed milk. Is there anything I can substitute??
# Posted By Zen | 7/5/10 1:36 PM
I'd have to play around with the recipe to see what could substitute for the sweetened condensed milk. It's a lot of the character of the cookie. This is actually one of the only things I ever use it for. I don't use dairy that's not raw usually - thinking aloud, ...I use coconut milk in place of evaporated milk (I don't like using it)...I suppose I could use the coconut milk in place of the sweetened condensed, and add raw honey to it, to give it the thicker sticky texture the cookie needs. Hum! :) thanks for the challenge Zen, I will be doing this the next time I make the cookies!
# Posted By Tandy | 7/6/10 1:31 AM
Has anybody tried substituting about 1/4 cup of honey & then enough coconut **cream** (for thickness) to equal (& substitute for) the sweetened condensed milk? We're non-dairy so I, too, would like an alternative. Thinking this might work just fine. Anyone?
# Posted By jill | 7/14/10 5:05 PM
I'm allergic to corn which is hidden in the ingredients that make up graham cracker crumbs. Any substitution ideas?
# Posted By Diana | 3/17/12 8:35 PM