|Whole Wheat Toasted Coconut Banana Muffins|
|Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy|
Servings: 22-24 muffins
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 - 1 cup sugar (granulated or whole brown)
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 eggs
- 5 overripe bananas, coarsely mashed
- unsweetened, dried coconut flakes or chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Beat the vanilla, sugar, coconut oil, water and eggs in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in the banana. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Divide the batter among 22-24 muffin cups with paper liners. Sprinkle tops generously with dried coconut.
Bake the muffins in preheated oven for around 20-25 minutes. The coconut will be golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin will come out clean.
Recipe courtesy Sarah Shilhavy
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|