|Homemade Gluten Free Granola Bars|
|Photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic fresh ground flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar or whole sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped, dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×12 baking dish and line with parchment paper.
2. Toss the oats, almonds, and coconut together on a sheet pan and bake 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the flax seed meal.
3. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
4. Place the coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute, then pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture. Add the dates, apricots, and cranberries and stir well.
5. Pour mixture into the prepared 8×12 baking dish. Wet your fingers and lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, until light and golden brown. Cool in pan at least 2-3 hours before cutting.
Recipe submitted by Katrina, Tampa, FL
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|