|Chocolate Almond Coconut Bites|
|Photo by recipe author|
Servings: 8 bites
Preparation Time: 2 1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk*
- 16 almonds
makes 1 1/2 cups sauce
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
For the coconut filling:
Mix all the ingredients except for the almonds until it becomes moist. Form into 8 rectangular bites, about 1 tablespoon of mixture. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place 8 coconut bites on the paper. Place 2 almonds on each bite, and refrigerate overnight or 1 hour.
Dip/pour chocolate sauce over the bites and refrigerate until hard.
For the chocolate sauce:
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix well. This sauce can be used for dipping, for chocolate-covered almonds, over ice cream, etc. If refrigerated, melt over warm water bath.
Recipe submitted by Noelle, East Lansing, MI
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|