Apple Coconut Carrot Bran Muffins recipe photo
Apple Coconut Carrot Bran Muffins

Wholesome, moist and delicious, these are wonderful with a glass of milk for breakfast or a quick, satisfying snack. Also a great way to sneak some extra veggies and fruit into your kids unawares. ;) These freeze and reheat beautifully for make-ahead convenience.

Servings: 12-15

Preheat oven to 350.

Sift together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in honey, molasses, milk and oil, in that order. Make a well in dry ingredients, pour liquid into the well and stir with a fork or whisk just until combined. Add carrots, apples, coconut and walnuts (if desired).

Pour into greased or paper lined muffin pans, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Serve warm with butter and a glass of cold milk - yum!

Recipe submitted by Lydia, Salem, VA

I made these muffins and they were great. I did have to use wheat bran since I did not have oat bran. If they are any more delicious using bran then all I can say is WOW!!!
# Posted By Charlotte Moore | 1/17/11 8:44 AM
Yum! I made these today (dbled the recipe & also used wheat bran).
# Posted By Julie | 1/17/11 11:52 PM
These were very good. I took this recipe and made it into an 8x8 cake. I added 1 twp baking powder. I also didn't have any oat bran, so I just added another cup of flour. Love that there's no sugar in these.
# Posted By Brianne | 4/4/11 6:50 PM
Yummmmy! I used half wheat bran and half crushed rolled oats. DELICIOUS and healthy! I love the flavor of honey!
# Posted By Gabriela | 5/3/11 9:56 AM
Thank you for one of the best bran muffin recipes I have ever tasted. I received multiple compliments on the muffins. Used wheat bran and canola oil, didn't have enough carrot, so used a grated pear. Was fantastic -- the honey really makes the muffin.
# Posted By Jennifer | 10/13/12 8:28 AM
My daughter in Australia inspired me to bake with coconut oil.. Baked this muffins... So tasty! Thank you.../Caroline...Sweden
# Posted By Caroline | 8/6/13 11:20 AM