Gluten Free Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies photo
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. In mixer, cream peanut butter and sugar. Add everything else and mix until well combined.

3. With your hands, roll the mixture into little balls (they stay together better if you keep them small)and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. You could roll them in additional sugar.

4. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cookies should still be soft when you take them out of the oven. Let them sit for a few minutes before you take them off the baking sheet.

Recipe submitted by Leslie, Amsterdam, NY

Are you sure that the ingredient list is complete? With those proportions of wet to dry ingredients, I can't imagine being able to roll that into balls. (Maybe you forgot to type "coconut flour'"?)
# Posted By naomi w. | 10/26/11 2:48 PM
Nope, didn't forget to type coconut flour-- there isn't any. You will be able to roll it into balls-- try it and see!
# Posted By Leslie | 10/26/11 5:21 PM
That's what i thought as well, there has got to be some more
dry ingredients.
BTW can one use almond butter instead?
# Posted By Alexandra Mahaffey | 10/26/11 5:34 PM
I've made peanutbutter cookie recipes like this before. It does work without any flour.
Any nut or seed butter should work fine. We used sunbutter and they turned out delicious.
# Posted By Jennifer J | 10/27/11 9:32 AM
This recipe is delicious. Thank you for sharing. I am gluten intolarance so whenever I come across a good recipe I make sure to save it. I know some of you are questioning if there is an ingredient missing but the truth is most gluten free recipes do not include flour. In some instances it will include rice flour but not in this case. :) Thank you everyone and have a great weekend.
# Posted By flaquita | 10/27/11 10:09 AM
2/3 of what organic sugar? Thanks
# Posted By Rosemeri | 10/28/11 11:55 AM
The peanut butter cookies look soooo good. I am going try them, as I am sensitive to wheat. I just found this website, and my daughter has introduced me to coconut products...they are so yummy!
# Posted By Della | 10/29/11 8:58 PM
That's 2/3 CUP of sugar. I also rolled these in sugar and rolled in 1 or 2 dark chocolate chips before pressing down slightly with a fork in a criss-cross pattern. When I didn't press them down, they just stayed in little balls & didn't look like cookies. I used half almond butter & half cashew butter (just ground up cashews in a food processor). These are excellent!!
# Posted By Michelle | 10/31/11 2:00 PM
How long do they keep? Would it be possible to make them into bars?
# Posted By Heidi | 12/4/11 1:15 PM
Making these today for a long car trip w/ kids. My family uses a similar recipe handed down from my great-grandma. It's just PB, sugar, eggs and vanilla and it always turns out so good! Can't wait to try the addition of coconut.
# Posted By Erin | 1/17/12 12:53 PM
I can't have sugar, has anyone made these with stevia substitute? I am finding it hard to come up with recipes that are gluten, soy, rice and dairy free...
# Posted By Starla | 1/23/12 1:12 PM
The recipe works great! I enjoyed them. I will dip in chocolate next time. Yummy
# Posted By Pennie | 9/30/12 5:28 PM
I plan on trying this recipe with Swerve Sweetener instead of sugar. I will post how they turned out.
# Posted By Mary | 10/17/12 7:44 AM
I truly LOVE this recipe! Great for GAPS. Sooo good that I probably make these way too often. Chewy and delicious!!!
# Posted By Margot | 1/28/13 7:21 PM

Benefect Botanical Hand Ssanitizer
Benefect Botanical
Hand Sanitizer
until Sunday August 31st
Dog Food
Pastured Organic Raw Chicken Steaks for Dogs
3 packages (18 pounds total)
Pastured Organic
Raw Chicken Steaks for Dogs
until Sunday August 31st
Cat Food
Pastured Organic Raw Chicken Steaks for Cats
3 packages (3.6 pounds total)
Pastured Organic