|Sweet Potato Banana Squash Soup|
|photo by recipe author|
Servings: 8 to 10Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons organic curry powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large banana squash or any other squash of your choice, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried organic basil leaves
- 1 quart organic chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 cups organic coconut milk*
Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot; add onions and garlic and cook until soft; add curry powder and cook for 1 minute more.
Add the sweet potatoes and squash; stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, basil leaves, chicken stock and coconut milk; bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
Blend or process until mixture is smooth.
Serve soup hot or cold.
Recipe submitted by Jean, Salt Lake City, UT
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|