Gluten Free No Regrets Pumpkin Pie photo
Gluten Free No Regrets Pumpkin Pie

Crust:

Filling:

Crust:

In a food processor, process dry ingredients for crust and add the coconut oil and process until it comes together.

Press into a pie plate or tart pan. Freeze for 15-20 minutes, then bake for 20 minutes at 350 until lightly browned.

Filling:

Mix everything together. Pour into partially baked pie crust. Tap to release bubbles. Bake 45-55 minutes at 325.

* For the freshest coconut milk make homemade coconut milk. (See video at this link.)

Recipe submitted by Louise, Portland, OR

Could I substitute honey or sugar for the maple syrup? The recipe looks fabulous!
# Posted By Angie | 11/18/11 3:13 PM
I know this might sound odd, but I don't have a food processor....how can I achieve the results without one? I do have a blender...would that work...and what would the settings be? thanks
# Posted By Betty | 11/19/11 5:35 PM
I am reluctant to bake with temps as high as 350 for flax seed...any comments, please?
# Posted By Linda | 11/21/11 2:33 PM
couldi use this pie crust for other ones??like i dont know blueberry pie or banana??or chicken pie?
# Posted By demi | 12/6/11 7:55 AM
I made the filling only and it was really delicious. I used condensed milk since I didn't have coconut milk, but tonight I plan to use almond milk. The maple syrup isn't overwhelming either. I also added cinnamon.
# Posted By liz | 12/24/11 4:05 PM
Thank you for the recipe! I just made this, and found the crust to be too salty. I found needed to add extra pumpkin pie spice to compensate for the maple flavor from the syrup. I will avoid maple syrup as a sweetener next time, and will use a larger rectangular pan to make "bars" instead, since it there is plenty crust and filling to work with.
# Posted By Lenka | 2/2/13 7:11 AM
If you bake the crust for 20 minutes it is going to be overdone by the time the filling is set. 1 1/2 cups coconut milk was way too much. I used only 1 cup when I saw how runny the filling was getting and that was too much. And 1 1/2 hours in the oven was still not long enough for the filling to set. I lowered the temperature after the first hour so that my crust wouldn't burn, but it still ended up over done by the time the filling was cooked. I have never had trouble with traditional pumpkin pie filling recipes, but I need to be dairy free now and was hoping this would be a good alternative. If I try it again I may add some arrowroot starch or something else to help it set up and I won't bake the crust for more than 10 minutes, maybe only 5.
# Posted By Wendy | 10/11/14 4:38 PM