Gluten Free Grain Free Vanilla Raspberry Muffins photo
Gluten Free Grain Free Vanilla Raspberry Muffins

Servings: 24 muffins
Preparation Time: 10 prep, 16 bake

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, butter/ghee/coconut oil, honey, salt, vanilla, and almond extract.

Sift in coconut flour (this helps reduce clumps!). Blend in coconut flour and baking soda, if using. Allow batter to sit for a few minutes to allow coconut flour to absorb the moisture.

Grease muffin tins. Pour batter into tins. In each muffin cup, stir in 3-4 raspberries. (NOTE: If frozen, raspberries do not need to be thawed).

Bake 325 degrees F for 16-18 minutes. Remove from tins and cool. NOTE: Because honey is used as a sweetener, these muffins may brown quickly. The browning does not impact taste.

NOTE: Using raspberries, vanilla extract, and almond extract, you'll have a hard time convincing your kids that these nutritious coconut-flour muffins aren't cupcakes! These muffins freeze well.

Recipe submitted by Bethany, Dayton, OH

Oh my gosh! These look so good! At first glance, they look like they are made with almond flour. I think I will try it with coconut flour and then another time with almond flour, and let you know how it turns out. If I used almond flour, I guess I could lessen the eggs?
# Posted By Angie | 11/8/11 11:36 AM
These are great! I cut the recipe in half for a first run...it made 10 muffins and they took a lot longer to bake than listed--probably close to double the time. I did use a stoneware muffin pan, which may have contributed to the extra time needed. I will be making these again. A great on-the-go snack with high fiber and protein! mmm!
# Posted By Krista | 11/14/11 10:47 PM
is it really one dozen eggs?
# Posted By susan | 11/28/11 12:15 PM
Susan: yes.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 11/29/11 12:20 AM
These are delicious. Making them again today!
# Posted By Deidre | 12/2/11 7:38 AM
can i substitute some eggs with mashed bananas?or gelatin?
# Posted By demi | 1/11/12 4:28 AM
Demi,if you are worried about the eggs, I saw where you can substitute eggs with the following: EGG SUBSTITUTE = 1 T. chia seed meal + 3 T. water. Mix thoroughly & let sit to gel.

I've not tried it, but I do know how ground up chia has a gelatin like texture -- and the health benefits are great! I wouldn't substitute all the eggs from this recipe (eggs are healthy, too), but you might want to experiment with half eggs / half chia seed substitute if you are concerned abou the volume of eggs used.
# Posted By Jackie | 1/29/12 2:46 PM
Are these big muffins or mini-muffins? At first they looked small, but with 12 eggs I assume they are larger? This looks delicious and I can't wait to make these for my GF/paleo family! :)
# Posted By Heather | 2/5/12 9:48 AM
We made these last night for this morning's breakfast. We didn't have enough almond extract so we used lemon extract, but used about 1 1/2 tsp. Also, didn't have as many raspberries as I thought so we used blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. They turned out delicious. Only got 18, but they are a keeper!
# Posted By Joy | 3/20/12 6:52 AM

1 gallon
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs
approx. 4.5 pounds (2 packages)
Short Ribs