|Gluten Free Mexican Chocolate Coffee Cake|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 70 minutes total
- 1/3 cup natural or raw cocoa
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate (100%)
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line 5x9 inch loaf pan with wax paper. Grease wax paper with coconut oil.
2. Sift cocoa, coconut flour, cinnamon, cayenne, salt and baking soda into a small bowl.
3. In a food processor or blender, combine eggs, honey, and vanilla. Pulse a few times to beat together. Add melted coconut oil and chocolate. Process/blend for 1 minute.
4. Add dry ingredients to food processor, and pulse to combine.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour (not a very forgiving cake if you burn it, so you might want to test for doneness with a toothpick at the 55 minute mark).
6. Let cool completely in the pan. Remove from pan and carefully remove wax paper. Enjoy!
Recipe submitted by Sarah, Marietta
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|