Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter Cups photo
Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

In a double boiler or a saucepan over very low heat, melt the coconut oil and sweetener. Add the cocoa powder and salt and whisk vigorously until well combined. Add the stevia and remove from the heat.

Note: You can use pretty much anything to make these – ice cube trays, muffin tins, mini muffin tins, mini silicone baking cups, etc. The mini silicone baking cups work the best and give you the most "realistic" Reese's Peanut Butter cup look.

Either pour or use a spoon to fill the cups 1/4 full. Stick the cups in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate is hard. Remove from the freezer and using a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop the chilled peanut butter out and place in the cups. You can use the back of the spoon to press them down just a tad, but leave room for the chocolate to get all the way around the peanut butter. Next, pour or spoon the chocolate over the peanut butter until the cup is almost full and the peanut butter is covered. Place back in the freezer for 30-60 minutes. Now, they are ready to eat!

Don't forget to store in the fridge or the freezer to keep them from melting!

Recipe submitted by Jessica, Denver, CO

Mm....I love peanut butter cups! :)
# Posted By Angie | 12/16/11 3:08 PM
OK...the Stevia appeared, or I regained my eyesight! LOL
So sorry...but I did not think it was there originally, honest!
I do not know how to cancel my post.
# Posted By Stevie | 12/17/11 11:23 AM
ThiS is wonderful!! Just make sure to use organic honey otherwise it will not mix well.
# Posted By Monica | 12/18/11 10:40 AM
I haven't made these yet, but they sound good, so I may do that some day. May I suggest though, that the peanut butter be organic and not have any additives, except maybe a little salt?
# Posted By Noma Johns | 12/19/11 6:36 AM
Should virgin or expeller-pressed coconut oil be used in this recipe? My concern is that the virgin will be too strong a flavor in this type of candy. Thanks in advance.
# Posted By Erin | 12/19/11 11:45 AM
I'm a little confused. Do you use 1/4 cup of EACH of the 4 sweetners or just pick one of them? Seems like a lot of sweetner to use all 4. Thanks.
# Posted By jan | 12/19/11 7:37 PM
Jan: You pick one.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 12/19/11 7:47 PM
I had the same question as Jan. The recipe should say "OR" between the last two sweeteners. Thanks for commenting that you choose only one and thanks for the yummy sounding recipe!
# Posted By mommaofmany | 12/22/11 12:02 PM
In the freezer now! They look great!
# Posted By April Segura | 12/25/11 1:01 PM
I tried these exactly as the recipe said to make them. I didn't like the stevia at all, and I thought I could use less coconut oil in them. So I made my own recipe following this recipe as "guidelines". I used about 3T butter and 1/4c. coconut oil instead of a full cup of coconut oil. They are awesome! They don't harden up as well as with the original recipe, but they taste great!
# Posted By Amanda | 1/6/12 11:13 PM
These are the best! Thank you so much! I added stevia to the peanut butter too. I love these!
# Posted By Jordan | 2/4/12 5:27 AM
I couldn't get the coconut oil and honey to mix at a warm temp, so instead tried cooling down the oil to a solid state and then was able to mix the honey in. It really helped!
# Posted By Rose | 2/14/12 3:11 PM

1 gallon
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Bison Sirloin Steaks
Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs
approx. 4.5 pounds (2 packages)
Short Ribs