|Gluten Free Coconut Macadamia Banana Muffins|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 45 minutes total
- 2/3 cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, chopped (or use shredded)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Toast macadamia nuts and coconut flakes on a baking sheet in the oven until starting to brown, about 6-8 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, mashed banana, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla.
4. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir to combine. Add toasted macadamia nuts and coconut.
5. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes.
*You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender/food processor and blending until you get a fine meal.
Recipe submitted by Sarah, Marietta, GA
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|