CoCo Almond Freezer Bites photo
CoCo Almond Freezer Bites

These are bite size treats that not only taste wonderful, but spread the consumption of VCO out throughout the day. I limit myself to about 5-8 per day.

Using a candy mold tray or ice cube tray, place 1-3 cocoa almonds in each compartment.

Melt coconut oil gently over low heat. Pour melted Gold Label VCO over the entire tray of cocoa almonds (sprinkle of cinnamon is optional).

Place mold/tray on cookie sheet and refrigerate or put in freezer until firm.

Gently break CoCo Almond Bites out of the tray and store in plastic baggie in freezer.

Recipe submitted by Lisa, Lino Lakes, MN

Where do I get the dark cocoa almonds?
# Posted By Cari | 4/25/11 1:23 PM
The dark cocoa almonds used here...are these a particular type of almond I'm not familiar with, or are these chocolate covered almonds?
# Posted By Stephanie | 4/25/11 2:41 PM
Stephanie: It's chocolate covered almonds. Some will be just covered in dark chocolate while others will have both a chocolate and cocoa powder coating. You can use whatever you prefer.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 4/25/11 3:01 PM
Does anyone know of a brand of chocolate covered almonds that are definitely gluten free, or know how I can make them?
# Posted By Mary | 4/28/11 6:58 AM
To make cocoa almonds, I tossed almonds in a bowl with a small scoop of cocoa until they were dusted. Using chocolate covered almonds would be even tastier.
These are a great snack, a great way to get coconut oil into my day!
# Posted By Megan | 5/6/11 6:04 AM
I've been taking my coconut oil by adding a tablespoon to a mug of rooibos tisane, which is fine, but I prefer this method. I used a regular ice cube tray and put 4 cocoa almonds in each section then poured the oil over the almonds. I think I'm going to add a few more almonds next time (I have a hard time with a mouthful of oil) but I have to admit that it is really, really tasty!
# Posted By Lainie | 5/21/11 6:57 PM