This is such an easy treat. You just throw everything into a blender and blend! How much easier can it get? (It can't).

I have a few tips though.

#1: If you like your sweets really sweet, up the amount of dates to taste.

#2: Increase/decrease cocoa powder as you like it.

#3. Leave the vanillas be or else it'll be awful.

Kidding. You can use all vanilla extract if you want but I highly recommend using vanilla powder. You'll love it, trust me.

Now I know some of you are going to want cup measurements. Frankly, I can't give you exact volume measurements because it's pretty much impossible to find it. But roughly there's: 1 1/2 cup dates and 3/4 cup nuts. Roughly being the key word here.

One more thing: these are addictive. Doesn't matter if you like neither dates or nuts. Just try one.

Comments? Questions? Let me know!

Enjoy!

Sarah

No Cook Chocolate Coconut Bites

No Cook Chocolate Coconut Bites photo
No Cook Chocolate Coconut Bites
Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy, Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy

Place all ingredients into a blender/food processor and blend until mixture forms into a dough like consistency. There will still be little chunks of nuts. Scrape down edges of blender/food processor as needed.

Roll into little balls and chill. Eat!

Recipe courtesy Sarah Shilhavy

that looks so yummy and easy! :-)
# Posted By Kathryn | 7/11/11 3:00 PM
260 grams of dates and 110 grams of nuts? What does that translate to in American cooking? LIke how many cups or portions thereof? I don't have a scale in my kitchen!
# Posted By Joyce | 7/11/11 5:20 PM
What is vanilla powder? Is there a substitute?
# Posted By Joyce | 7/11/11 5:20 PM
Vanilla powder is powdered vanilla beans. Be sure to get the pure stuff with no sugar base.

The rest of the questions asked here are answered in the blog post. Enjoy!
# Posted By Sarah:) | 7/13/11 2:34 PM
American cooking? Cooking with a food scale has nothing to do with where you live, it's just easier! If you don't have one yet, I highly recommend getting one :)
# Posted By Meagan | 7/23/11 1:22 PM
Delicious! Easy to make! I used slightly salted dry roasted pecans and date-coconut rolls, which made the recipe even easier. I also added some flax meal. I left out the vanilla powder because I could not find it at Whole Foods.

I made a nut-free version for my nieces (nut allergy). I left out the nuts and added flax meal.
# Posted By all natural katie | 7/27/11 7:48 PM
@ Joyce
I recently purchased an inexpensive food scale on e-Bay you may want to check them out. They are very useful.

In the meantime, I have always found this site to be very helpful with my conversions.

Hope this help!
# Posted By evolver | 8/26/11 2:04 PM
I make this recipe with Jay Robb Vanilla Whey protein powder and melted coconut oil added. My nut of choice is walnut. These are delicious, highly nutritious, and what a lovely photo you posted!
# Posted By Lisa Stafford | 1/11/12 11:00 AM
We make these all the time (around here we call 'em "fudge balls") and they are super. Great energy food as well as fix for a sweet tooth. I usually make them with soaked pecans and sometimes throw in soaked almonds too. I like about 1/8 teaspoon of salt, or a little more, added. If my dates are dried out I'll add a bit of coconut oil. I've added a couple tablespoons of coconut cream concentrate before too with nice results. Nice picture, Sarah. ;)
# Posted By Erin | 3/16/12 2:42 PM
These are AMAZING and so pretty rolled in the coconut. I have even served them to guests. It is amazing how sweet they are with no added sugar! I used 2 tsp. of pure Mexican vanilla and 2 Tbl. of vanilla whey protein powder. Yum! I think these will become a staple in my frig!
# Posted By Ellie | 4/5/12 7:04 AM