Creamy Coconut Cinnamon Smoothie photo
Creamy Coconut Cinnamon Smoothie
Prepared by Sarah Shilhavy
Photo by Jeremiah Shilhavy

I like to use either coconut milk or fresh raw milk for this recipe. A natural sweetener could be added as well, although the banana gives just the right amount of sweetness for my taste. I have also added fresh pineapple which gives it a nice tropical twist!

Preparation Time: Less than 5 minutes

Place milk, banana, coconut cream concentrate, vanilla and cinnamon in blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until ingredients are well combined. Slowly drizzle the virgin coconut oil into the mixture.

Recipe submitted by Kathy, Campbellton, TX

This looks great. What is the coconut cream?
# Posted By Dr. Dutch | 7/27/11 1:24 PM
Click on the hyperlink and it'll take you to the product page.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 7/27/11 2:01 PM
This was SO GOOD! It's very creamy and the vanilla and CCC give it such a nice touch. The banana isn't overpowering and it's just enough to give it an icy, milkshake-like flavor and texture. I used more then just a dash of cinnamon. If you really want to taste it I'd recommend using at least 1/4 teaspoon.

This also makes a very big smoothie. Up the coconut oil to 1-2 tablespoons and it's a perfect 2 serving smoothie.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 7/27/11 3:45 PM
DELICIOUS! I had an abundance of frozen bananas so used 1 1/2, also used 1/4 c. Tropical Traditions Coconut (unsweetened) processed with 1/2 c. water instead of the CCC, and added more cinnamon like Sarah suggested. Made 2-16oz. smoothies for us. Loved it!
# Posted By Shirley | 7/28/11 8:19 AM
I love coconut so this will be my breakfast from now on!
# Posted By RACHEL | 7/28/11 12:40 PM
Have you ever used almond milk or coconut milk?
I don't do dairy anymore but boy this looks good!
# Posted By Patti | 7/28/11 2:11 PM
Yes, I love both raw milk and coconut milk in this recipe. The more coconutty (is that a word?!) the better! You can also tweak the other ingredients to your liking. I also like to add a scoop of powdered greens to it sometimes. This is my breakfast everyday, it keeps me full until lunch time! :)
# Posted By Kathy | 7/28/11 5:40 PM
This was so yummy! I used coconut milk and added a teaspoon of cinnamon because I love cinnamon and added about a Tablespoon more of coconut cream concentrate. I also added 2 egg yolks for protein. It was so good!
# Posted By Bethany | 7/29/11 9:21 AM
This was one of the best smoothie's I've ever made. I use a mixture of coconut milk (mostly coconut cream from the canned kind) and milk kefir. I didn't have any coconut cream concentrate, but the coconut milk made it plenty thick and creamy! I used a heaping 1/4 t. cinnamon. Yum!
# Posted By Joanna | 8/4/11 9:46 PM
This sounds delicious and I intend to make it. I was wondering what purpose the coconut oil served?
# Posted By Brenna | 8/9/11 12:32 PM
We drink a lot of smoothies at our house and I sweeten them with raw honey which we buy locally. However, I have coconut cream concentrate from Tropical Traditions in my cupboard which I have not used since I didn't know what to do with it. Now I will try it in this recipe! Thanks!
# Posted By Nancy | 8/15/11 8:53 AM
wow .... this looks really yummY~
# Posted By Lance | 11/30/11 11:05 PM
I made this today!....hubby and I loved it...thank you! :)
# Posted By Pam | 4/25/12 6:33 AM
I no longer use milk so I use almond milk and coconut milk. They both make great smoothies!!!
# Posted By Mary | 5/7/12 12:10 PM
OK still don't know what coconut cream concentrate is- what and where is the hyperlink?
# Posted By Linda | 5/8/12 5:58 AM
Linda: If you click on the ingredient it'll take you to the product page: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/coconut_cream_concentrate.htm
# Posted By Sarah:) | 5/8/12 12:09 PM
I sure would love to try this recipe but when I use CCC in a smoothie recipe, I get bits of the CCC.....it just doesn't blend up smooth!
# Posted By Barbara | 5/23/12 3:44 PM
Barbara: Try blending it in as one would with coconut oil: melt, then pour in slowly.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 5/24/12 12:55 AM
Is there a way to print the recipes without the photo, trying to conserve ink! Thanks
# Posted By Mary | 6/19/13 10:26 PM
Copy & pasting onto a text document will work. Sometimes you can select what exactly you want printed off the page on your printer software.
# Posted By Sarah:) | 6/20/13 5:48 PM
I've made MANY smoothies in my day, and this was the best I've ever tasted! I made this with cashew milk and OMGoodness - absolutely divine! I will make this recipe again and again. Thanks so much for this!
# Posted By Healthified Living | 7/29/13 3:00 PM
Yum, that was SO good! Thank you!
# Posted By Inger | 7/30/13 9:00 AM