Gluten Free Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Muffins photo

• 6 strips bacon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded/diced
  • Coconut oil (for greasing muffin tin)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Fry bacon in a skillet until crispy. Set aside.

3. Blend eggs, 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings, and salt in a mixing bowl.

4. Add coconut flour and baking powder. Mix until there are no lumps.

5. Crumble bacon and add to batter along with cheese. Mix until incorporated.

6. Grease your muffin tin with coconut oil or use paper inserts.

7. Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes.

Can be modified for those who don't eat dairy by omitting the cheese and adding another 1-2 eggs.

Recipe submitted by Andy, North Royalton, OH

Connection Failure

I didn't measure the cheese very accurately... just whacked a chunk off the big block and grated it in the food processor. So I may have made mine extra cheesy.

Next time, I will just grease the tins and not use the muffin papers. They are kind of a pain to peel off of these. Kind of remind me of a cheesy bacon biscuit I've had, but better.
Wasn't sure if I should fill the tins or leave room to rise, will fill them completely next time.
Definitely making these again.
# Posted By Lizzie B | 9/23/11 9:14 PM
Can these be frozen if not all consumed, what is the best way to reheat?
# Posted By Marie | 9/26/11 9:35 AM
This looks like an awesome muffin for a breakfast dish. Definitely going to try it
# Posted By Alice | 9/27/11 6:35 AM
Marie, i would think it would be okay to freeze them, just try it out, and toast it in the toaster or oven for a few minutes. The microwave denatures food and coconut ingredients are pretty expensive to waist! Hope this helps. But i personally would keep the left overs in the fridge until consumed and toast them to reheat. I tried freezing some with regular flour and they didn't turn out so well for me to reheat. :)
# Posted By ashley | 9/28/11 1:44 PM
These were awesome! My only complaint was that they stuck to the liners, so next time I'll try greasing my muffin tins and putting the batter in directly. Thanks so much for sharing!
# Posted By Amy | 10/14/11 9:14 AM
I cannot wait to try these!!! But I think I might add cream cheese as well :)
# Posted By Wendy | 11/2/11 12:19 AM
These are awesome!
# Posted By Misty | 4/27/12 5:39 PM
These are really, really good. My daughter said they taste like a Bojangles biscuit but without the rock in your stomach after you eat it. So true! I used turkey bacon in the first batch and mushrooms and expensive cheese in the second batch. Both are too good to be true. Thank you, thank you!
# Posted By Angie | 5/27/12 11:56 AM
I just made this muffins for breakfast and they were very good. Definitely will make them again :) the only problem I had was I used the coconut oil to grease the pan but I guess I didn't use enough so a lot stuck to the pan. Oh well, now I know for next time.
# Posted By Nikki | 9/18/12 8:52 AM
Amazing! Finally an on-the-go breakfast for the wheatintolerant. Thanks for posting!!!!!
# Posted By me | 10/14/12 10:31 AM
love using coconut flour, and these are amazing, my kids are so happy to have such delicious choices again!! My kids are already dreaming up other possible combinations for these, yummy!!
# Posted By Jamie | 10/28/13 9:14 AM
Great Recipe, We used thick sliced bacon which was a bit salty so thinking to use thinner bacon next time. Wife loved it.
# Posted By Keto | 1/25/14 9:03 AM
I liked them although mine were very dry. Not sure what to add next time to moisten them more, any ideas? Definitely won't use papers. I thought I'd just put it in an 8" pan and cut as needed .
# Posted By Nancy H | 3/28/14 10:53 AM
These are absolutely amazing! So delicious, thank you for posting this recipe, I totally love them. I added a handful of chopped flat leaf italian parsley, and will try chives next time. Worked really well.

I read all the comments before hand and put rice bran oil in my muffin tray, but they still stuck a bit, I'm gathering it's because of the cheese. Nonetheless a quick and divine treat.
# Posted By Leona | 7/1/14 10:05 PM