|Coco-Cocoa Velvet Dessert|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 5 min, plus chilling
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin (2 1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream concentrate
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 drops of orange essential oil, optional (use food grade or better!)- OR use 1 drop lavender oil
- 1/2 tray's worth ice cubes (7-8 ice cubes, should be 4 oz.)
Pour 1/2 cup of the water into a blender. Add the gelatin, and let sit to soften.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining water to boiling. Pour the hot water over the gelatin mixture; turn on low to mix and dissolve. Add coconut cream concentrate, cocoa powder, honey, salt, vanilla, and essential oil. While motor is running, drop in ice cubes, one at a time. Blend until smooth.
Pour into four (6-oz) ramekins, or in one (2-cup) mold. Refrigerate until set, 2-4 hours. Serve in the containers, or dip the bottoms in hot water for 20 seconds, then invert to un-mold.
If you want to un-mold it, I recommend you double the amount of gelatin.
Recipe submitted by Rhonda, South Jordan, UT
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|