Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Muffins photo
Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Muffins

Batter Ingredients:

Topping Ingredients:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix together all the dry batter ingredients. Add the wet batter ingredients and mix well with a whisk. Pour batter evenly into twelve muffin cups.

Mix all the topping ingredients in a separate bowl, and drizzle over the muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

*You can grind your own almond flour by placing whole almonds in a blender/food processor and blending until you get a fine meal.

Recipe submitted by Angie, West Chester, OH

just curious, anyway to post the nutritional values (calories,protein,carbs,etc )
# Posted By alberto | 1/5/12 2:08 PM
Um....I am not sure about that. Just to let everyone know, you can use applesauce in place of the yogurt.
# Posted By Angie | 1/12/12 10:43 AM
If anyone has any questions about my recipe, feel free to post a question. I'll be happy to help!
# Posted By Angie | 1/12/12 4:06 PM
Just finished eating the first one, I am typing with one finger so I can enjoy the second.... Yummmy!
# Posted By Donny | 1/14/12 12:51 PM
Have you tried reducing the honey in this? I was wondering if it would have the right texture if I used 1/4 cup honey, with perhaps a dropper-full of stevia. Thanks!
# Posted By Erin | 1/14/12 9:40 PM
I'm so glad that you liked them Donny!

Erin: No I haven't tried reducing the honey in this. I am not really that familiar with stevia and other sweeteners like it so I'm not really sure about substituting the stevia for part of the honey. It probably would affect the texture, I'm not positive. Sorry I couldn't help you out with that question!
# Posted By Angie | 1/16/12 3:04 PM
I dont have any almond flour but i do have cocunut. Whats the difference between them and can i just use all coconut flour?
# Posted By sarah | 2/9/12 3:00 PM
Well almond flour is ground almonds. It is a very crumbly flour but gives a nice texture to these muffins. Coconut flour on the other hand is a very thirsty flour and would need more eggs and the texture would be different.

I would suggest that you use almond flour and coconut flour, just as my recipe calls for, but feel free to experiment and let me know how they turn out if you do.
However if you use all coconut flour you will NOT need 2 1/2 cups! Maybe.....I'm not sure because I've never tried substituting all coconut flour in this recipe before....maybe around 1/2 cup? Probably just until the batter becomes somewhat thick, but not extremely thick. Plus you will probably need to use more eggs....maybe 3 or 4...I'm not sure. Hope this helps! Modify at your own risk! :)
# Posted By Angie | 2/10/12 2:19 PM
Just so you know. You can also make this in a small pan. I made it in an 11in by 7 and a half inch pan. I baked it at 350 degrees F, for 28 minutes, but it could take a little less or a little longer. Thank you so much for your nice comments! :)
# Posted By Angie | 2/13/12 3:56 PM
To make it dairy free, I tried this recipe with goat yogurt instead of the regular milk yogurt and instead of butter I used Vegan margarine ... it turned out delicious! Thank you!
# Posted By V. Suarez | 4/4/12 7:45 PM
Can I substitute coconut palm sugar in any of the recipes? Thank you.
# Posted By Janet | 12/13/12 1:16 PM
Hm...I'm not sure. I have never worked with that.
# Posted By Angie | 12/17/12 5:27 PM
What would you recommend as a non-dairy replacement for the butter? Coconut oil?
# Posted By KJ | 9/13/13 9:33 AM
Coconut oil should work, KJ.
# Posted By Sarah S. | 9/14/13 10:45 PM
instead of 2 eggs i used 1/2c of egg substitute & used coconut butter instead of reg butter... muffins are delicious!
# Posted By millie | 12/27/13 7:36 PM
These are wonderful. Better the next day. Thanks so much for the recipe.
# Posted By Connie | 3/13/14 8:55 AM
Soo good. Used light sour cream instead of yogurt.
# Posted By Karyn | 5/9/14 8:06 PM
Is they anything you can subsitute the almond flour for? Allergy to nuts!
# Posted By Lucy | 5/22/14 1:00 PM