|Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cream of Wheat Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, steamed
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla non-dairy milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream (the cream that rises to the top of full fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated)*
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor (vanilla should work too)
- 1-3 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- couple dashes of salt
- grass-fed butter (optional)
Place the steamed cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it's "riced".
Whisk the 4 eggs in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a medium sized saucepan, combine the milk, cream, pumpkin and cauliflower and slowly bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Remove the pan from heat and add a 1/4 cup at a time to the eggs, whisking the entire time you add the hot mixture. The eggs will start to cook if you aren't careful. This process makes the eggs safe to eat for those concerned with eating raw eggs.
Pour the mixture back in to the food processor, add the maple extract, spices, salt and sweetener and pulse until well combined.
Serve hot with a dollop of grass fed butter (optional).
Since all cauliflower heads are different sizes, you may want to add milk if it seems to thick or add some almond flour to thicken it up.
Serve with nuts, coconut or fresh fruit on top. Another variation would be to replace the pumpkin with applesauce and just use cinnamon for the spice. You could also add just cocoa powder or simply leave it as a maple nut version.
Recipe submitted by Kate, Highlands Ranch, CO
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|