|Cocoa Beach Baked Oatmeal Recipe|
|photo by recipe author|
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons organic whole cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (not light)*
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl combine the eggs, virgin coconut oil and organic cane sugar. Whisk together until well incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and coconut milk and whisk until smooth. Dump in the oats and 2 tablespoons shredded coconut. Don't stir just yet. Place salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in a small sieve and sift over the oats. Stir everything until combined.
Pour into a 9x9 inch baking pan greased with a little coconut oil. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons dried coconut over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve by itself or with regular milk or additional coconut milk poured on top.
Recipe submitted by Melodie, Fort Mill, SC
|The average is oldaverage based on oldtotal votes.|